Turkey Nest

Discussion in 'Ohio Gobbler Hunting' started by Bshive, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Bshive

Bshive Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Got a call from a buddy in SE Indiana today and he told me that he found a turkey nest with 11 eggs in it.&nbsp; Seems as if the birds are still henned up around here as well in Indiana.&nbsp; Might not be long before the hens start leaving the boys.&nbsp; Birds in my neck of the woods are still gobbling hard off the roost, but it is silent when they hit the ground, unless you get on them close right after fly down.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P>

2. jeffk

jeffk New Member

<P>Ours were the same way this morning. Once they hit the ground they shut up for about an hour. Then at 10:00 they opened up again. Later might be better in the week or morning. Work is going to get in the way with me again later in the morning.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P>

3. Bassman

Bassman New Member

<P>I went&nbsp;to W.V. last saturday found a nest that&nbsp;had 8 eggs in it hunted mon and tues&nbsp;saw only 1 gobbler and heard only 3 in 2 days when we left the nest had 10 eggs,&nbsp; brother went back friday heard&nbsp;&nbsp;lots of gobbling and called in 2 gobblers and 2 jakes shot a 20# bird he walked past the nest on the way out and it still had 10 eggs&nbsp;most hens may be sitting down there could explain why the birds were more cooperative. &nbsp;</P>

4. 10Gauge

10Gauge New Member

<P>It's gotta get better this week boys!</P>