Turkey Hunter Shot in the Head

Discussion in 'Ohio Gobbler Hunting' started by Bshive, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Bshive

Bshive Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I just heard on the radio that a turkey hunter in Ohio was putting out his decoy when a second hunter shot him in the head.&nbsp; He is expected to make it and injuries are not life threatening.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;In my opinion, there are No Excuses for this.&nbsp; It's not that hard to figure out what you are about to shoot at.&nbsp; </P>

2. GeaugaCoPuddleJumper

GeaugaCoPuddleJumper New Member

<P>No excuse at all! I hope its just a rummer</P>

3. Turkeyslayer

Turkeyslayer New Member

<P>NO EXCUSE.......PERIOD</P>

4. Kyle_H

Kyle_H New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I heard the same thing.....I came home this weekend to find out it happened in my hometown.(Jackson)</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Paper said he was shot in the head and shot(2 shots) while he was setting out his decoy. </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Boy that gets me thinking when I am headed to the woods in the morning.</P>

5. FOWLTALK

FOWLTALK New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">thats why i prefer open fields to setup the dekes....</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P>

6. punkboy8826

punkboy8826 New Member

<P>thats why you don't use dekes!!!!!!</P>

7. matt

matt New Member

<P>those must be life like decoys</P>

8. Dan_O

Dan_O Well-Known Member

<P>Thats outrageous, they better put him in jail for a couple of years, or take his hunting lic. away for life. or both.&nbsp;&nbsp; I don't understand how that can happen.&nbsp;&nbsp; How can you put a good shot on a turkey's head and neck, if you can't see it clearly.&nbsp;&nbsp; The problem isn't using decoys,&nbsp; the problem is that there are a few bone heads out there that shouldn't even be out in the woods.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I like to here the bone heads excuse.&nbsp;&nbsp; </P>