Ohio Waterfowler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year it hasn't really been bad enough to get cold toes yet expect with last weekend. I'm using wool socks and cabelas super mag 1600 gram waders. What's everyone's tricks to keeping their feet warm. The reviews on the battery powered heated insoles are horrible. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Wear one pair of quality well fitting socks. As stated above, too heavy of socks made from cheap materials will cause your feet to sweat and freeze. Also, wearing tight socks, or multiple pairs can cause poor circulation which will also cause your feet to freeze.

·
Registered
644 Posts
One pair of thin synthetic sock liners under a pair of wool socks. The liners wick sweat away and the wool insulates even when wet. I have poor circulation in my feet and with these I only get marginally cold in sub-zero temps. Absolutely nothing with cotton. This goes for your clothing as well. Nothing but synthetics.

·
Super Moderator
11,716 Posts
Had frozen feet for years,.... Hated it.

How I fixed.

I wear size 13 shoes.

When I bought waders or cold weather hunting boots I always bought a size larger 14.

Then only would wear to quality synthetic wool blend sock outer and thin wicker inner sock. (The extra room/air in boot kept my feet from freezing)

On extreme extreme cold days I would tape a hand warmer on top of foot or if you wanted to send the $ used the sole warmers.

I never had cold frozen feet again. It was the little things that make your day a little more enjoyable in the field.

·
1 more pass? No Way!
9,404 Posts
Two words: Wigwam Ingenuis. Made of olefin and merino wool. They come in two weights. Best I've found.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Keep feet from sweating and they won't b cold. Try lightweight socks to ramp and then spray with deodorant. Leave those socks at truck. Put ur good heavy wool socks or whatever socks on feet and you'll notice a difference. I did best thing I ever did

·
Registered
562 Posts
1) Thermocells work fine but not for more than 2 hours.
2) Foot warmer soles on bottom sticky toe warmers on top.
3) Don't GO!!!

On a side note we have created a new club due to the lack of birds,I do not want to hear, I have not scouted,hunted or it has been a stellar year.I DO NOT HAVE A HONEY HOLE FOR DUCKS!

The new club formed by a few of us.

NZACC.
North Zone Ammunition Conservation Club. (LOL)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.