Trailer for Layout and Tender boat?

Discussion in 'Diver Hunter Forum' started by timf, Jun 2, 2005.

1. timf

timf New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Just bought a 2 Man Layout from Mike Banks.&nbsp; Wondering about a trailer that will carry the tender boat and also the layout boat.&nbsp; Thought about a forty ft trailer with the layout on the front and the tender boat on the back.&nbsp; But concerned about ramps and turning around 60+ ft in small locations.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Has anybody heard of a mfg that makes a boat trailer with 2 levels.&nbsp; Bottom level for the tender boat and a adjustable 2nd level for the 2 man layout?</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">You would unload the tender boat first, then lower the layout boat second and then the opposite when you load the boats.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Thanks for the help!</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Tim</P>

2. Woodie1187

Woodie1187 Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">My Buddy built a rack to go on his pick up truck, kind of like a ladder rack that he can put two layouts and still have room in the truck bed for his dog box or what ever other gear he wants to haul. He has an 18 foot Lund that he uses as his tender, which he can tow and stow with no problems.&nbsp;At the end of the&nbsp;season he takes the&nbsp;rack off and it is easy to store. &nbsp;<BR></P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">I would think a forty foot trailer would be a pain to stow unless you leave it outside or have a barn. Even if you had a trailer with a top rack unless you have a barn with a tall door you will have to stow it outside. </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Do you have to tow your layout behind the tender? Depending on the size of your tender and the size of your layout&nbsp;you could put the layout inside the tender. I know one guy that has a rack in his tender that he stands his layout up on it's side.&nbsp; </P>

3. timf

timf New Member

<P>Guys, Thanks for the comments!</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">We have decided not to go with the 40' trailer for reasons stated above and many more.&nbsp; We are trying to do this as a one man operation so we do not need to people or 2 trucks.&nbsp; I think we are working on a plan that will put the layout on a second tier.&nbsp; </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">If it is done, maybe we will bring itto the Layout U Days!</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Thanks,</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Tim</P>

4. greybeard

greybeard New Member

<P>I have seen a two tiered rig up in Michigan. Tender goes out first and then he has a electric winch that drops the back of the top tier and another winch to let his Hercules down off the trailer. By the way his tender is a 17' TDB.</P>

5. Woodie1187

Woodie1187 Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">"We are trying to do this as a one man operation so we do not need to people or 2 trucks." </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Does that mean you want to layout hunt all by yourself? Or you just don't want to take two trucks? </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P>