·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
Love the sauerkraut stuffed peppers.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jason, do you make them? I found that pulsing the kraut briefly in a food processer really makes it easier to stuff the peppers. I like to add caraway seed and cracked black pepper to the kraut prior to stuffing the peppers.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cindy’s Hot Peppers Stuffed with Sauerkraut Recipe
ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
1 quart white vinegar
1 quart water
3 cups sugar - mix all together and bring to a boil
Cut off stem ends and seed peppers – a potato peeler works well for seeding peppers
Place in boiling water for 2-3 minutes – (no longer or they will split). Do this in a well ventilated area.
Drain and pack peppers with sauerkraut that has been drained, rinsed and squeezed dry
Tip – Cut sauerkraut so you don’t have long shreds while trying to pack, it also helps to use the end of a wooden spoon when starting to pack the tip of the pepper with sauerkraut.
Pack peppers into hot jars and cover with boiling liquid
Tip – If peppers are too long for pint jars cut off wide end after stuffing and place a bunch of ends in another jar already stuffed.
To each quart add: 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of salt
For pints add: 2 teaspoons of oil
½ teaspoon of salt
Some people cap them at this point, they seal and that’s it.
Cindy does the following:
Cap and place in boiling hot water bath for 10 minutes to make sure they seal
Remove and let cool, then store for at least 10 days before eating
Tip – To make peppers a little hotter leave some of the seeds in or add one Jalapeno pepper to jar. To make look more attractive add a couple slices of red pepper alongside peppers in jar.
All you need now is lots of time and patience!

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
I haven't made them in a couple years, but seeing your post has made me want to do them again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.