Ohio Waterfowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P style="MARGIN: 0px"><FONT color=#191970>Anybody know anything about this Strickland guy? He's recently thrown his name in the hat. I understand he's for "letting the people decide". He is pro gun and has a 100% rating from the NRA. He is what they would call a conservative Democrat, something you don't see too much of. If not him, you've got the three Republicans that are running (Montgomery, Blackwell and Petro), which will just be more of the same. Then there's that spineless Mayor of Columbus, Coleman. Who's gonna vote for him?</FONT></P>

·
Registered
168 Posts
<P>Strickland is a very good candidate for Gov.&nbsp; He has a strong track record, and the best thing that I can say about him is that he has voted against the Congress payraise everytime it is brougt up.&nbsp; The biggest thing I can say is that when my father passed away at 53 of a heart attack, he was a school teacher in southern ohio for 20 years, Ted Strickland our local representative showed up and gave the school a flag that had flown over the U.S. Capital building.&nbsp; This man has my vote for Gov.&nbsp; </P>

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow, sounds like someone I need to look into.<br>

·
Registered
168 Posts
<P style="MARGIN: 0px"><SPAN class=postbody>Gun Control: (all I could find) <BR><BR>Voted YES on prohibiting suing gunmakers &amp; sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003) <BR>Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999) <BR>Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)</SPAN></P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px"><SPAN class=postbody></SPAN>&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px"><SPAN class=postbody>This was from a sports forum, <A href="http://www.southeasternohiopreps.com" target=_blank>www.southeasternohiopreps.com</A>&nbsp; <SPAN class=postbody>On Jobs: <BR><BR>Voted NO on end offshore tax havens and promote small business. (Oct 2004) <BR>Voted YES on $167B over 10 years for farm price supports. (Oct 2001) <BR>Voted NO on zero-funding OSHA's Ergonomics Rules instead of $4.5B. (Mar 2001) <BR>Member of the Congressional Rural Caucus. (Jan 2001) <BR>Rated 100% by the AFL-CIO, indicating a pro-labor voting record. (Dec 2003) <BR><BR>On Tax: (2004) <BR><BR>Voted YES on providing tax relief and simplification. (Sep 2004) <BR>Voted YES on permanently eliminating the so-called marriage penalty. (Apr 2004) <BR>Voted NO on making permanent an increase in the child tax credit. (May 2004</SPAN></SPAN></P>

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Thanks for the reply Newbie. </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">What I want to know is, where's all the pubs at with their dumbercrat jokes? </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">I guess they're right not to respond, the way voters are fed up in this state it's going to be like taking candy from a baby for him.</P>

·
Registered
168 Posts
<P>He taught I believe sociology at Shawnee St University, also a minister and I cant remember what else he has done in his life.&nbsp; </P>

·
Registered
135 Posts
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am a die hard conservative, and I will vote for Strickland.&nbsp; He is a good guy no way is he a liberal.&nbsp; He got an A from The NRA.&nbsp; His office is up the street from me.&nbsp; I will pay him a visit to talk the issues sometime next year.&nbsp; I am considering backing him.&nbsp; I still have to research him, and will keep you posted on my findings.&nbsp; In Ohio a gungrabber has no chance.&nbsp; </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </P>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts