1. cccp80

cccp80 New Member

<P>What brands make steel shot shells? The only shells I found in my hunting store were lead shells...</P>

2. tripleb

tripleb New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Winchester, Remington, Federal, Kent, and Estate are the most&nbsp;frequently encountered.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;And there are several other less&nbsp;well known&nbsp;brands available from certain sources. </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Mack's Prairie Wings often has sales on Winchesters and Kents.&nbsp; There's likely to be a dealer at the Mercer County Waterfowl Festival in August, the Saturday before the state blind drawings who has sold Kents for very reasonable prices.&nbsp; You may need to check to see if he's coming this year and if so, contact him in advance to let him know what you are interested in buying.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">My Mack's Catalog shows that they are selling the Win. Xpert High Velocity shells for $99.90 per case of 250 for 3.5" 12ga. and $69.90 per case of 250 for 3" 1 1/8 oz. loads.&nbsp; Shipping is $17 per case.</P>

3. cccp80

cccp80 New Member

<P>Thanks!</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">I guess, I was more concerned about the brands+names of those shot&nbsp;because most of the time they don't specify if it's lead or steel.</P>

4. tripleb

tripleb New Member

<P>If the shells contain steel shot, the box will say so.&nbsp; But, I haven't bought a box of factory shot shells in over 15 years, so I haven't looked close at what the lead shells say on them concerning the shot type.</P>

5. sbe023

sbe023 New Member

<P>glad you made it over from ogf....freyedknot</P>