sliver lab breeder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moe324, Feb 7, 2016.

1. moe324

moe324 Active Member

ISO a sliver lab breeder with hunting dogs? Anyone on here have a sliver lab for waterfowl? Any info would help. I want a waterfowl dog and the wife wants a sliver lab so that's our compromise lol.

2. Ragtime

Ragtime Active Member

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!

3. JD6400

JD6400 Member

OH HELL YEA!!!!

4. Fitfarms

Fitfarms Member

Ding ding let the debate begin hahaha

5. Elingler

Elingler Member

This should be interesting. Lol

6. CaptMark

CaptMark Retired Ohio Waterfowler Staff Member Moderator

7. Ragtime

Ragtime Active Member

PM EaglePoint he is one of the top Silver Lab breeders in all of North America

8. EaglePoint

EaglePoint 1 more pass? No Way!

Thanks a bunch RT!

... And Moe, you're a big ole :stirthepot:

...I mean after all, slivers are nothing more than a shade of chocolate!

9. flash020586

flash020586 Member

I have one and I have a female charcoal got my female from Michigan and my male from a lady in pemberville. Your looking at 1000 to 1200 dollars for one.

Attached Files:

10. Elingler

Elingler Member

At that price you can get your self a really well Breed lab out of proven lines. In yellow black or chocolate the only three colors a lab come in and not have to lie to the akc about what color your dog is

11. MaktheQwk

MaktheQwk Well-Known Member

Eric, don't you have a bench champion silver?.........

[​IMG]

12. ohioduck870

ohioduck870 New Member

I'm a big fan of the fat weimaraner

13. DonSmith

DonSmith Active Member

The Labrador Retriever Club, Inc. is the AKC Parent Club for Labrador Retrievers. Here is their position on "silver Labs" and other dilutes. http://thelabradorclub.com/subpages/show_contents.php?page=Silver+Labradors

Bottom line - the dilute gene doesn't naturally exist in Labs, but it does exist in Weimaraners and the first silver Labs showed up in Kellog Kennels who just happened to raise both Labs and Weimaraners. The problem was then exacerbated when AKC, before genetic color testing was available, decided that silvers could be registered as chocolates.

14. Kaiser878

Kaiser878 Member

If your going to pay $1200 for lab, u mide as well buy a dog with health clearances and that is from a proven and healthy pedigree, like eric said.. For the life of me, i cannot understand why anyone would spend 1000 or 1200 dollars on a dog with no health clearances and that is known to have health issues... On top of all that, probably has zero credentials..... Garbage.... thats all silvers are.... Garbage....

You should probably just give me $1000 bucks and ill **** in a box for you......

15. Ragtime

Ragtime Active Member

http://youtu.be/JwCbbMgp3Lw

16. EaglePoint

EaglePoint 1 more pass? No Way!

Originally Posted by Kaiser878 View Post

a proven and healthy pedigree, like eric said.. For the life of me, i cannot understand why anyone would spend 1000 or 1200 dollars on a dog with no health clearances and that is known to have health issues... On top of all that, probably has zero credentials..... Garbage.... thats all silvers are.... Garbage....

You should probably just give me $1000 bucks and ill put my **** in a box for you......

RT: Haha... I thought of the same thing, the old JT SNL video....

ZK: Quit beating around the bush and tell us your true feelings of compassion for silver lab breeders! They're just trying to improve the breed ya know...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  17. Slam

Slam Member

Moe, don't concern yourself with that AKC bullshat, a most over rated organization that has diluted, line bred and in general messed up some fine breeds.

I think your on the right track looking for this "Sliver" variant, cant say I've ever heard of it, but if its not in the official AKC registry you are already ahead.

18. WorldBFreebase

WorldBFreebase Resident Antagonist

if you want to spend mass money dealing with skin conditions, joint issues, and eye issues, by all means buy a silver lab, or, donate the money to a retirement home.

19. fowlfriend

fowlfriend New Member

You mean a weimador. Ya there's a few weim-lab breeders here and there selling there AKC reg choc lines. It's a sad day when you have to call a weim-lab mix a choc lab. One that has zero health clearences or titles. sad