Ohio Waterfowler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ISO a sliver lab breeder with hunting dogs? Anyone on here have a sliver lab for waterfowl? Any info would help. I want a waterfowl dog and the wife wants a sliver lab so that's our compromise lol.

·
Registered
482 Posts
This should be interesting. Lol

·
1 more pass? No Way!
9,404 Posts
PM EaglePoint he is one of the top Silver Lab breeders in all of North America
Thanks a bunch RT!

... And Moe, you're a big ole :stirthepot:

...I mean after all, slivers are nothing more than a shade of chocolate!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have one and I have a female charcoal got my female from Michigan and my male from a lady in pemberville. Your looking at 1000 to 1200 dollars for one.
At that price you can get your self a really well Breed lab out of proven lines. In yellow black or chocolate the only three colors a lab come in and not have to lie to the akc about what color your dog is

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The Labrador Retriever Club, Inc. is the AKC Parent Club for Labrador Retrievers. Here is their position on "silver Labs" and other dilutes. http://thelabradorclub.com/subpages/show_contents.php?page=Silver+Labradors

Bottom line - the dilute gene doesn't naturally exist in Labs, but it does exist in Weimaraners and the first silver Labs showed up in Kellog Kennels who just happened to raise both Labs and Weimaraners. The problem was then exacerbated when AKC, before genetic color testing was available, decided that silvers could be registered as chocolates.

·
Registered
563 Posts
If your going to pay $1200 for lab, u mide as well buy a dog with health clearances and that is from a proven and healthy pedigree, like eric said.. For the life of me, i cannot understand why anyone would spend 1000 or 1200 dollars on a dog with no health clearances and that is known to have health issues... On top of all that, probably has zero credentials..... Garbage.... thats all silvers are.... Garbage....

You should probably just give me $1000 bucks and ill **** in a box for you......

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
If your going to pay $1200 for lab, u mide as well buy a dog with health clearances and that is from a proven and healthy pedigree, like eric said.. For the life of me, i cannot understand why anyone would spend 1000 or 1200 dollars on a dog with no health clearances and that is known to have health issues... On top of all that, probably has zero credentials..... Garbage.... thats all silvers are.... Garbage....

You should probably just give me $1000 bucks and ill put my **** in a box for you......

http://youtu.be/JwCbbMgp3Lw

·
1 more pass? No Way!
9,404 Posts
Originally Posted by Kaiser878 View Post

a proven and healthy pedigree, like eric said.. For the life of me, i cannot understand why anyone would spend 1000 or 1200 dollars on a dog with no health clearances and that is known to have health issues... On top of all that, probably has zero credentials..... Garbage.... thats all silvers are.... Garbage....

You should probably just give me $1000 bucks and ill put my **** in a box for you......

RT: Haha... I thought of the same thing, the old JT SNL video....

ZK: Quit beating around the bush and tell us your true feelings of compassion for silver lab breeders! They're just trying to improve the breed ya know...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Moe, don't concern yourself with that AKC bullshat, a most over rated organization that has diluted, line bred and in general messed up some fine breeds.

I think your on the right track looking for this "Sliver" variant, cant say I've ever heard of it, but if its not in the official AKC registry you are already ahead.

·
Resident Antagonist
10,408 Posts
if you want to spend mass money dealing with skin conditions, joint issues, and eye issues, by all means buy a silver lab, or, donate the money to a retirement home.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ISO a sliver lab breeder with hunting dogs? Anyone on here have a sliver lab for waterfowl? Any info would help. I want a waterfowl dog and the wife wants a sliver lab so that's our compromise lol.
You mean a weimador. Ya there's a few weim-lab breeders here and there selling there AKC reg choc lines. It's a sad day when you have to call a weim-lab mix a choc lab. One that has zero health clearences or titles. sad

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.