Shout out to AC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by duck rookie, Jan 14, 2016.

1. duck rookie

duck rookie Well-Known Member

A. Chaney has been trying to get me on a hunt for that past two years and it hasn't worked until today. He said he wasn't making any promises but when we were done at 0815 I told him to never make any promises to me.

2 man limit of mallards. It doesn't get much better than that.

He said I could post pictures but I'm not because I don't want to ruffle someones feathers.

d r

2. PerchMonkey

PerchMonkey Active Member

Darron would be mad :D

3. duck rookie

I said I am NOT ruffling feathers.

d r

4. Ragtime

Ragtime Active Member

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTpu6BmE88[/ame]

What a classic turn it up for Stevie

5. WCFB1

WCFB1 Active Member

no ruffling feathers here..glad you guys took advantage of the weather as I plan to do the same on Monday with a low of 1 :rotate: Except I'll be down about 200 yards.

Savor it, as I'm sure AC told you, this is our last year hunting it. Never got a reason why or anything. I am hoping they come to their senses but I doubt it. I think it is a gun issue. In all honesty I'm surprised we have hunted it this long due to the location. When the old land manager died I knew our time would be limited. He fought for us.

You hunted one of the best duck properties in Ohio this morning and replacing it will be a huge obstacle for us but we will try! The amount of ducks taken there in the past 10-12 years has easily exceeded 500 ducks and it might be approaching 1,000. In it's glory days it was common to take 100+ ducks a year off that property. A true diamond in the rough. People didn't believe us that we would go in there and shoot a 3-4 man limit in 10 min. I think you are a believe now, although it took you guys a little longer today. Still not bad

6. duck rookie

It truly is a diamond in the rough. We did talk about it and that sucks. It should be in fire Monday, I'll be sitting in a blind @ Mercer with a heater going with the hopes of busting some geese. BTW, geese did not want to play in there this morning.

Best of luck on Monday.

d r