sbe spring tube removal.

Discussion in 'Shotguns, Shotgunning, Ballistics & "Shooter's Tal' started by sbe023, Aug 20, 2005.

1. sbe023

sbe023 New Member

<P>how do you get the inertia spring tube out of the back of the chamber? and do i need to remove it for cleaning. my sbe is about 8 yrs old and would like to inspect the spring. should i remove the tube /spring? still need the info ,if i should need the sure cycle. thanx guys.</P>

2. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher New Member

<P>remove the barrel, take out the slide and the rest is a piece of cake. If you have problems write me back. I have the SBE breakdown guide and will walk you through it.</P>

3. sbe023

sbe023 New Member

<P>i have taken it all apart many times.how do you gwt the spring tube off of the back of the reciever . does the tube itself unsrew off completely or does the cap w/ the hex/bolt head come off only. never seen the inertia spring itself,or cleaned the tube it is hidden in.</P>

4. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher New Member

<P>there are 2 screws that you have to poke the rubber to get too them. Take them out and bingo your in. Remove the inertia tube and thats it, but you won't need to clean it, it's pretty well sealed up.</P>

5. sbe023

sbe023 New Member

<P>no problem there ,I WANT TO REMOVE THE TUBE ITSELF!! taking off the pad is easy</P>

6. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher New Member

<P>you have to take the pad off to get the tube out, then the tube unscrews</P>

7. 720Diesel

720Diesel New Member

Once the stock is removed you can put a wrench on the hex nut, BE CAREFUL, The tube is made out of aluminum the nut or&nbsp; the whole tube may turn. The problem is, if you want to get the spring out you have to turn the nut while the tube remains stationary. And you should clean it its not as sealed as you think. My benelli started to act up and I cleaned the tube and it was a new gun. Now for some Truth The first time I did this I Crushed the tube using a small pair of vise grips. That's why BE CAREFUL, I learned my lesson to be patient.Now I can take it apart in my sleep. But it cost me.