Revanna Trukey

Discussion in 'Ohio Gobbler Hunting' started by quack05, Apr 4, 2005.

1. quack05

quack05 New Member

<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am one of the 20 kids that got drawn to hunt Revenna for turkey this year. To my knowledge this is the first year for the youth turkey hunts. But i was just wondering if anyone had any information on the turkey conditions there.What the birds were like? How they acted? If they were call shy? Any info would be helpful.Thanks.</FONT><br> <br>

2. CaptMark

CaptMark Retired Ohio Waterfowler Staff Member Moderator

saw turks when out deer hunting<br> <br> should have a good shoot not to wise to hunters<br> <br> watch out for tics !<br> <br> hunt safe-good luck<br> <br> send us a pic !<br>

3. Howman

Howman New Member

<P>From what I have noticed over the years....seems like these birds stick in flocks all year round. I have been up there banding waterfowl and observing and they were flocked up then. Depending on how big of an area they give you....don't be afraid to move around.</P>

4. Howman

Howman New Member

<P>Talking to a guy that works/contracts up there. The workers have been playing with them recently by practicing calling. SO they may be call shy. Not too human shy tho.</P>

5. quack05

quack05 New Member

<P>Thanks for the input. All was helpful. Still looking for that long-beard hopefully this will be a good chance.Thanks</P>

6. Howman

Howman New Member

<P>good luck...when are you going?</P>

7. quack05

quack05 New Member

<P>I go on April 16th. They are only hunting it 2 times. April 16th and May 7th. I picked the first day.&nbsp;We are only allowed to hunt until noon unlike the rest of the state. Oh well i am hoping on the longbeard to walk into 20yards the first 15 minutes of daylight anyway...lol yea right!!!! It will be a fun eventful time..I will keep you posted on how i do and what the birds act like for fellow hunters (youths)....</P>