Rapid fire policy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaktheQwk, May 12, 2016.

1. MaktheQwk

MaktheQwk Well-Known Member

I'm doing a little research project and looking for input from those who belong to a sportsmen's club or organization. If your club has an outdoor rifle or handgun range, what is the policy regarding "rapid fire"? Is it even permitted? At issue is potential muzzle jump sending an errant round over a back stop. Any feed back is appreciated.

2. IMissed

IMissed Member

Never heard of a policy against it. Mainly just as you stated...hit the backstop. If someone is breaking in a new firearm with a lighter trigger and are uncertain do snapcaps at house 1st, then simply move closer to target until the shooter is adjusted

The only thing I have seen is no machinguns w/o board approval, and/or no bumpfire. But only once. Due to the fact that 'hit the backstop' is strictly enforced.

I always said if a person wanted to rip off rifle 30 round magazine every once & awhile, war-woop it up & do it. Just stand closer to the backstop please and enjoy sending $$$ down your barrel for little more then noisemaker & arm shaker. Happy holiday:rotate:

3. Wingnut

Wingnut Member

No rapid fire at B & T indoor range in Lorain.

4. peanut

peanut Active Member

I remember seeing something at the grand river range that the state runs. I want to say they defined what they deemed to be rapid fire? Someone on here has to have been there more recently than me and can chime in.

I only shoot at ranges where I can shoot full auto....

5. CaptMark

CaptMark Retired Ohio Waterfowler Staff Member Moderator

E 55th range no problem at all :shootingguns:

6. MaktheQwk

You must have that on the good authority of wcollins! :shocked:

7. Runningdog

Runningdog Active Member

Off the pier....:shootingguns:...:rotate:

8. the_lone_wader

the_lone_wader Active Member

I can't imagine how ****ty it must be to have to go to a "range" to shoot. Yet another reason as to why I will never live in town, or within a few hundred yards of anyone else.

9. OWFFAdmin

OWFFAdmin Administrator Administrator

I belong to an outdoor club and rapid fire is not permitted on any range. The Range Officers will get on you about it.

10. Dan_O

Dan_O Well-Known Member

I love living out in BFE. Do what you want, when you want. No one gives you any grief. Want to burn something do it, want to have a loud party, do it, your outside and have to pee, do it. I could go on and on. I just don't understand the town, or subdivision thing.

Not to mention, you and your wife get to raise your kids, not everyone else.

11. Toner07

Toner07 Well-Known Member

Amen to that!

12. MaktheQwk

Dan-o, we have a little over 400 acres at our sportsmen's club. We have an adopted policy in place regarding range rules and rapid fire. I asked those that belong to other clubs what their club policies were for a comparison. But thanks for nothing anyway. And what goes on at the farm should stay at the farm
    . Just sayin'.........
    [​IMG]

13. mjmaurer

mjmaurer Active Member

Every club has it's by-laws and rules in writing. At www.chippewarifleclub.com. where I'm a member and also a trustee, you must be a member, an NRA member or guest of a member.

Chippewa is a single shot rifle club meaning you can shoot an auto-loader or repeater but you must only load and shoot one at a time. This is black and white to keep out the spray and pray guys out. Guys blazin' with auto loaders can tear up a rifle range in no time. Emphasis is put on precision shooting and reloading.

Besides, the time and money it takes to produce quality ammunition, I'm in no hurry to burn it up in fifteen minutes.

Shooting at a farm or private land is wonderful but we have friendly matches at our club where guys of like interests can compete against one another and get the true enjoyment that shooting really is.

The best people I've ever met in my life are shooters and outdoorsmen. MJ

14. Dan_O

Dan_O Well-Known Member

Oh I don't have a problem with gun clubs, they're great. It's just that at the "Dan-O Gun Club", I can do whatever I want.

15. WorldBFreebase

WorldBFreebase Resident Antagonist

if there is concern about muzzle "jump" from rapid fire, there isn't a big enough backstop to begin with

16. mjmaurer

mjmaurer Active Member

This is evident in the photo posted above!

17. MaktheQwk

You hit the nail on the head WBF. We currently only allow shooting on the 200 yd range from off of the bench. A current card board killer at the club has proposed allowing "rapid fire" from an off hand position, shooting erect and off of the bench. I'm concerned about muzzle jump and having a round leave the club premises. The position I have taken, aside from being dead set against it, is this rocket scientist allows us to hire an attorney and draft language that makes this individual solely liable and responsible for any event that occurs from an errant round leaving the club grounds which might result in injury to either person or property. This would be in perpetuity even after he goes mort and they put him in the ground to feed the worms. I don't think he'll bite.:shootingguns: