Ohio Waterfowler Forums banner

Plumbrook zone 40

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  quackshot 
#1 ·
I have a plumbrook hunt this Saturday for zone 40. Any one hunted this unit before? Any advice if so? I'm hoping for a repeat of last years plumbrook hunt. A personal best 155"! Thanks in advance.:shootingguns:

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
I noticed that as well, hopefully the other zones around keep them going. Thank you, I actually was an alternate hunter that day. They got 3 groups of alternates together and did a large push from the main HQ heading south to I believe Fox road. He ran by me at 20 yards. Couldn't have been any luckier.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Well in the first 15 minutes or so I had a 130 ish class buck and a doe walk by at 50 yards. Unfortunately I didn't have a buck tag and they were walking towards my wife who did have one so i chose not to shoot the doe hoping they would walk past her. They came by her oless then 30 yards away but it was god awful thick and she couldn't get a shot. I spent the remainder of the day pushing thickets to her with no luck. We saw another 4 brown flashes and that was it. It was unbelievably thick though. I did my research and printed off birds eye view maps. The zone looked like it had 10 years of growth on it compared to the satellite images. I guess the silver lining is I drove deer out to 3 zones around me. Heh....yay

Discussion starter · #11 ·
I filled mine in bow season. She didn't care if i filled her tag for her and ive been told off the record they didnt care who killed it, but I'd rather see her get one since she's only taken abl handful of deer in her life. Plus it was her birthday. :rotate:

Attachments

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Hey Quackshot I believe you and your wife sat in front of us on way out to our sectors on Saturday. Remember waiting for the guys in 27. We were in
45. Got a doe and misse a decent buck. Could of shot other doe but was waiting for a buck.
Yep. That was us! Glad you guys ended up with something. What time did the buck come through? I believe the one I saw went down your way around 8:30ish. He was with a doe. We hunted hard only stopping for about 15 minutes to eat lunch. Just wasn't our day I suppose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.