Pics. for Madgoosr

Discussion in 'Shotguns, Shotgunning, Ballistics & "Shooter's Tal' started by tripleb, Sep 10, 2005.

1. tripleb

tripleb New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I took my MP 153 down this morning and it appears they are using a similar method of retaining the pins as does Remington.&nbsp; There are two tubes through the trigger housing, they have the same part number (66) and designation as pin tube.&nbsp; On the end of each is a wire loop, part of which fits into a slot cut part way through the sides of one wall, so that the wire is slightly inside the ID of the tube at that point.&nbsp; When the pin is inserted, the pin pushes the wire out of the way until the groove in the pin comes into alignment with the wire, then the wire drops down into the groove in the pin to hold it in place.&nbsp; There is one tube for each pin, both going cross ways through the trigger housing.&nbsp; The wire clip is on one end of each tube.&nbsp; The tube in the back of housing is relatively loose, and may easily fall out if you don't watch for it. The one in front seems to be held in place by some other parts under spring tension, so it shouldn't fall out.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">The pics. show the back pin tube, with its retaining spring clip.&nbsp; I have pulled it partially out so you can see it better from the back view.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">I don't know if you lost the pin tube and retaining spring clip, or just the retaining spring clip, but either would be easy to make.&nbsp; The pin tube would require a lathe, but the spring clip is just piano wire.&nbsp; You could get piano wire from a piano tuner.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">I don't think EAA would replace the tube as a defective part, so if you have to order a new one, you might want to also order a&nbsp;spare bolt operating handle.&nbsp; I have never lost one, but I've spoken to both Rem. and EAA and apparently it's one of the most often requested parts.&nbsp; They are only held in place in the bolt&nbsp;by a spring loaded detent ball against a notch in the bolt handle, so they can be snagged and pulled out while going through brush.&nbsp; </P>