Pickeral Creek Webinar Tonight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lonewolf, Sep 3, 2020.

1. lonewolf

lonewolf New Member

2. mallardman2

mallardman2 New Member

Stopped by and got the Clift Notes from the guys today. Going to be renamed Metzgers 2.

3. How was the webinar I couldn’t get on for it I was at work

4. lonewolf

lonewolf New Member

Lots of info on dates, aerial photos, access, etc. They're going to post it on Wild Ohio tomorrow.

duckman2151 likes this.
  5. I looked this morning i can’t find it

6. chewy

chewy Member

Hunted on Monday .My buddy and i first time out this year . Went hunt zone 18 . Liked area since they fixed that whole section . And a

7. chewy

chewy Member

No water was pumped in units in whole section. What a joke. I don't understand why . Has anyone heard whats up with Pickeral Creek:mad:

8. Dan_O

Dan_O Well-Known Member

They only flooded a few sections for teal season, the rest will be flooded up for big duck season. Hunted 38 one day. Tons of millet with water, but birds weren't using it. They were using zone se of it, directly north of woods. Or at least there was plenty of shooting there. Zone north of there tried to take home some wood duck. Good thing they were poor shots.

OWM likes this.
  9. UTkicker

UTkicker Active Member

Place is blown out just a few stragglers left

10. Dan_O

Dan_O Well-Known Member

That sure is a long a$$ walk to the 39 area. Be nice if they opened the gate.

11. chewy

chewy Member

Saw teal around Monday . I don't understand why not flooded . Pickeral Creek a great area for teal. Always produced for me in past.

12. twolabman

twolabman Member

We hunted units 20 /25 on the opener and saw plenty of teal. Both these units had plenty of water and lots of freshly flooded grass for perfect teal habitat. Ended the day with a limit. Most of the shooting came from the SE units however after witnessing there “shooting” at several flocks they might as well used a 30-06.
    I am sure a lot has changed since opening day up there but here in NE Ohio I am seeing more Green wings showing up daily with these colder nights. Should be a good weekend.