Opinions on buying a yeti tumbler?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the_lone_wader, Jan 11, 2016.

1. the_lone_wader

the_lone_wader Active Member

I'm in the market for a 30 ounce yeti tumbler. A friend of mine has one and I was sold on it when he left one in the truck half full of coffee, and it was still steaming after a few hours of hunting in the cold.

I have a bass pro gift card to use up, and bass pro carries yeti products, but I couldn't find the tumblers on their website. I don't care to get it somewhere else, I just thought it would be easy to use the gift card.

Where is the best place to purchase one? I checked ebay and they have some there, but I always worry about fake knock offs on ebay.

I

2. Ragtime

Ragtime Active Member

Bass Pro carried them in Cincy when we bought ours last year but who knows. Cabelas carries Yeti as well.

Have several of their products, highly impressed.

3. the_lone_wader

the_lone_wader Active Member

I've got a yeti 75 cooler and absolutely love it. I should also note that I'll probably have to buy online because I'm two hours from Cincy,Columbus, or Charleston.

4. haswell02

haswell02 New Member

Got a cooler and wasn't greatly impressed. It's good but thought it would b better honestly. Not one to sell u it cause I own one. Got a 20 ounce tumbler for Xmas. Best damn coffee cup I've ever owned. They r pricey and well worth it!! I'm a fan for sure

5. bowjunkie76

bowjunkie76 New Member

check the reviews on the RTIC tumblers also. they loot to be as good and half the cost .

6. Timber

Timber Member

best gift ever.... use it every day no brainer

7. EaglePoint

EaglePoint 1 more pass? No Way!

Our delta chapter is looking at the price point on RTIC, Orca & Pelican 75 qt coolers. I don't know if these 3 brands also make tumblers or not....

8. SteveinCanton

SteveinCanton Member

6 month wait currently on RTIC. You pay up front, when they get enough orders for a shipment they make order from the manufacturer

9. CaptMark

CaptMark Retired Ohio Waterfowler Staff Member Moderator

Tumblers are hand wash only no dishwasher.

Have the 20 & 30 OZ. both work good .

10. Ragtime

Ragtime Active Member

Let us know when you find one better.

11. mikeiss

mikeiss Member

yeti

So it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold.

How does it know which to do?

12. Ragtime

Ragtime Active Member

[ame]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fu29_oingo-boingo-weird-science_music[/ame]

13. Casey

Casey Active Member

You wash yours ???? A little hot water and it's good to go.

It is unreal how long ice last in them.

14. CaptMark

CaptMark Retired Ohio Waterfowler Staff Member Moderator

15. SteveinCanton

SteveinCanton Member

16. Casey

Casey Active Member

I think I've actually washed mine three times. I did out that coffee and lemonade don't mix well...haha

17. silvermoose

silvermoose Member

Try field and stream. They usually have some yeti products

18. gasfish26

gasfish26 Member

Are the rtic coolers the real deal?

I just bought two 30 oz tumblers from them.
    Seems like a good deal with free shipping

19. SteveinCanton

SteveinCanton Member

RTIC coolers were started by a couple of guys that used to work for Yeti. They are the real deal, but you have to wait for them, they are currently about 6 months out on the delivery of their next shipment, I called them last week, they are hoping for sometime in June for delivery

20. MikeBeatty

MikeBeatty FKA Boomn4x4

RTIC is currently getting sued by Yeti for patent infringement, trade dress infringement, and unfair competition. Case is still pending. I'd have to assume the courts have put a halt on their sales until the case is resolved, if it gets resolved. From what I have read there was a hearing in November, don't know what, if anything came of it.