? on the value of guns

Discussion in 'Shotguns, Shotgunning, Ballistics & "Shooter's Tal' started by jmschreck1, May 3, 2005.

1. jmschreck1

jmschreck1 Active Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">My uncle is looking into selling some of his guns but has no idea what there value would be. His ex-son-in-law wants to buy them and I'm helping to get a value on them. Any good sources? I've got the Gun Digest 2005 and it isn't much help.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Here's a list if you know anything it would be helpful.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Marlin .22 lever (says he can't find a model # on the gun)</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Mossberg 500 with 3 barrels, VR, slug barrel and the black powder barrel</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Ithaca 16 ga double barrel</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Westernfield 780 with a Bushnell 3-9X scope in a .308 winchester</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Remington 110 12ga with Tasco shotgun scope [synthetic stock]</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">All help appreciated!</P>

2. jmschreck1

jmschreck1 Active Member

<P>I forgot a gun, he also has a Savage .22 mag/ .410 break action</P>

3. FOWLTALK

FOWLTALK New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Buddy Jim, </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">you can try <STRONG>gunbroker.com, </STRONG>the online auction &amp; get some idea what</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">these guns are selling for, from the general public.</P>

4. BrettBuss

BrettBuss New Member

<P>Duckrookie beat me to it.&nbsp; He is correct in suggesting the Bluebook of Gun Values.&nbsp; This is what the majority of gun dealers &amp; retailer will use when you would take a gun to trade or sell.&nbsp; As mentioned, the Bluebook will have "almost" all guns listed in it and if it doesn't will tell you that there is not much value in the gun.&nbsp; I have bought and sold guns for years, and although the Bluebook is a great source of finding values, there are many variable to it.&nbsp; I often found that someone held the gun to have more sentimental value to them then actual value.&nbsp; One also has to realize that just because the gun is old does not always make it have more value and unless it is something special guns will loose a great deal of value.&nbsp; Might not be what you want to hear but the truth.&nbsp; Check out the Bluebook and ask what you think they are worth and what you think you can get out of them.&nbsp; You may also want to take them to a gun dealer or gunsmith to have them appraised if you have problems finding a list of guns.</P>

5. H2OMellon

H2OMellon New Member

<P>Great suggestion. An apprasial may cost you (last I knew around $10-15 per gun) but you'll know what they are worth. Since we are all fellow hunters &amp; outdoorsmen here I will tell you that those guns sound liek they were good hunting guns. Some of the Marlin Lever Action 22's have some value but I didnt see anything that pops out as big $ from the list, but w/ that said, they would be great for someone wanting to hunt. I for one love those 22 mag's. I perfer a .22 mag over even a Hyped 17 cal. That .22 mag would make a great small hunting rifle as would the others as well.</P>

6. H2OMellon

H2OMellon New Member

Older shotguns are not my thing, but is the Remmington 110 an earlier version of what is now the 1100? Or is it an older model pump, before the 870's &amp; even before the wingmaster?

7. RudeDog

RudeDog New Member

<P>Check out gunsamerica- tons of dealers&nbsp; prices and conditions, along with pics- should be able to get a good ballpark value there- a pile of guns for sale on that website !!!&nbsp; 'Rude Dog</P>

8. Mightyduck

Mightyduck Member

Is the Ithaca 16ga a side by side or over and under?&nbsp; Just curious?<br>

9. jmschreck1

jmschreck1 Active Member

<P>I think it was a side by side but I'm not sure that I've ever seen it. </P>