Ohio Snows, Blues, Ross'

Discussion in 'Goose Hunter Forum' started by dback, Sep 27, 2005.

1. dback

dback Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Does anyone know the exact figures on how many non-Canadian Geese us hunters have taken in the 2004-2005 season&nbsp;in Ohio ?</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">I saw one snow goose all last season.&nbsp; Just curious.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Dave</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P>

2. Dick

Dick New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">According to the USFWS figures the total aggregate number of non-Canada Geese harvested in Ohio was estimated at 754. That would include Snow &amp; Blue Geese, Ross's Geese, and White-fronted Geese.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Two seasons ago I harvested 2 Blue Geese and 3 White-fronted Geese.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Dick&nbsp;</P>

3. mac

mac New Member

<P>Dave, We get some snows and blues here in Allen County every year. Last year I had a flock of 100 or so birds across the street from our house. They hit every field around here for a few minutes at a time. Very skittish! I killed one out of a flock a few years back at Breslers Res.. They are a blast to hunt and make a standout mount. My best, Jim McNamara</P>

4. CODB

CODB Member

Got a snow here in central ohio about 4 years back I believe.

5. DeWayne

DeWayne Active Member Lifetime Supporter

<P>I killed a fully mature snow last year in Portage County.&nbsp; Also killed a small what I believe was a Richardson's...very small bird, and a small, short bill.</P>

6. FOWLTALK

FOWLTALK New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">We have taken 1 adult snow (had to mount that baby!) @ New London reservoir, 3 juvenile snows (all grey) two of them on Magee beach at different times, one on Sandusky bay. 2 Brant @ the Cleveland breakwall.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Several Richardson geese, maybe 6 total. Thats 30 yrs of fowlin in Ohio.</P>

7. johnch

johnch New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">2 seasons back we got into some snows for 2 days .</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">We limmited out 1 day and got several the next day .</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Before that I saw 1 flock in all the years I goose hunted .</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Last year I saw 1 snow in a flock of giants , but they were 3-400 yards up when they went over</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Had good numbers different years in the spring , but no season .</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Johnch </P>

8. HonkerBonker

HonkerBonker New Member

A former hunting buddy's girlfriend shot a speck in my back field five years ago.&nbsp; She positively identified it just as she pulled the trigger.&nbsp; We though she was nuts until she retrieved it.<br>

9. Garyoutlaw

Garyoutlaw Member

<P>Saw about 50+ snows on a snow covered bean field by Buckeye Lake last season.We took 3 small geese last year that were as small as our mallards</P>

10. chessieohio

chessieohio Member

<P>had 2 blues and richardson come in 2 yrs ago,got the richardson,he landed!this year had 5 geese together,1 snow ,2 blues,2 specs,didnt get a shot at them.Shot a specklebelly jan.1 &amp; saw a flock of 30 or so geese,the same week,mostly snows and about 10 blues!never got a shot!the speck dumped in my dekes with one canada goose.</P>

11. Bluebill

Bluebill New Member

<P>I killed a white-Fronted goose about 7 yrs ago on the Ohio River, just east of Augusta, Ky. He came in with about 50 Canada Geese. </P>

12. ghunter

ghunter New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">i have seen some white fronted geese in the columbus area with some canadians. also saw about a dozen snows flying a field in delaware county on tuesday the 20th. besides that not many seen around here.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">ghunter</P>