1. Sewergoon

Sewergoon New Member

<P>Has anybody else had problems with the Nova chambering certain brands of shells, or is it my typical bad luck?</P>

2. beagler

beagler New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I have had my Nova for one year, and have shot many different types of loads through it. It has worked flawlessly.&nbsp; </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Good luck</P>

3. Sewergoon

Sewergoon New Member

<P>I bought mine the first year they came out.&nbsp; It chambers and shoots Remington's and Winchesters fine, but I've had consistent problems with Kent and Federals.&nbsp; The shells won't chamber fully, and if you look at the slide release button it's not all the way down.&nbsp; Maybe it was just a bug they worked out after the first year.</P>

4. tripleb

tripleb New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Do you have access to a micrometer or a dial caliper?&nbsp; Measure the diameter of the case head just forward of the rim, next to the rim.&nbsp; If you find that the shells that fit into the chamber are slightly smaller than those that do not, then your problem may be a tight chamber, or oversize shells.&nbsp; Shot shells can vary considerably.&nbsp; A difference of only 1 or 2 thousandths of an inch can make the difference on whether they go into the chamber or not.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">I had some Rem. 10ga. hulls which worked fine in my BPS10, feeding properly from the magazine tube when I worked the slide.&nbsp; I had some Fed cases which seemed to require me to work the slide vigorously for them to be released from the magazine.&nbsp; I later got some Fed. cases which would normally not feed from the magazine.&nbsp; I found there was a difference of .015" in rim diameters between the Rem. cases and the Fed. cases which would not feed properly.</P>