1. DUXNBUX

DUXNBUX Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I WAS OUT AT THE STORE LOOKING AT SOME NOVAS AND WAS WONDERING IF I COULD GET SOME FEEDBACK.&nbsp; THERE WAS A 3 INCH NOVA&nbsp; WITH 3 CHOKES, A CAMO PAINT JOB, 28 INCH BARELL.&nbsp; THEY WRE ASKIN 369 FOR IT.&nbsp; WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?</P>

2. tripleb

tripleb New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I've got two with 26" barrels.&nbsp; If that's a new gun, the price is not unreasonable.&nbsp; I needed to get a .675" Terror choke to get mine to deliver good patterns with fast steel loads.&nbsp; The best it would do&nbsp;with factory&nbsp;chokes&nbsp;was in the mid 60% level at 40 yards.&nbsp; The gun's a little light for me and I had to add 1 lb. divided between the forend and the buttstock.&nbsp; Even then, it was a little lighter in the forend than I prefer, being more lively than I like.&nbsp; It's a very reliable gun.&nbsp; </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">The only problems I ever had with mine was in over oiling the firing pin recess in the bolt carrier, which cased missfires due to oil thickening when temps. dropped into the low 20's, and in short shucking the slide when I was shooting 3.5" shells.&nbsp; If you short shuck the slide after firing a 3.5" shell, you can release a shell from the magazine onto the shell lifter and it's rim will sit in front of the fired shell, preventing ejection of the fired shell.&nbsp; About the only way you can remove the fired shell is to take needlenose pliers, pierce the side of the case and pull the shell out of the ejection port.&nbsp; It doesn't have this problem with 3" or 2 3/4" shells, just the 3.5" shells.&nbsp; If you simply pull the slide smoothly to the rear, letting the gun do the ejection, it will function with no problems.&nbsp; I got into the habit of short shucking the slide and pulling the empty out with my fingers shooting sporting clays.&nbsp; That's no problem with the short shells, but it's a bad habit to develop when using the 3.5" shells.</P>

3. SteveinCanton

SteveinCanton Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">This is the only gun I use for waterfowl and turkey.Very durable synthetic stock and the ease of cleaning, you just need to unscrewthe magazine and it comes apart make it perfect for quick cleaning in the field when you are in a goose blind.&nbsp; I never had a problem with the gun jaming and I have shot a couple of thousand rounds through it.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Stev</P>

4. Trainer

Trainer New Member

<P>I shot one for most of the 2003 hunting season.&nbsp; Never had a problem.&nbsp; My son n law is now using it for duck hunting and sporting clays.&nbsp; Never had any problems short chucking it.&nbsp; Found it to be fast and points well.&nbsp; Jim</P>

5. Capt_Culver

Capt_Culver Not Yo daddy

<P>You say it was a 3 inch?&nbsp; I didn't know they made those in 3 inch.&nbsp; Learn something new everyday.&nbsp; I have a nova in the 3 1/2 inch and have never had any problems with it.&nbsp; In fact I use it as a back up gun when afield.&nbsp; I also use it as a late season goose gun.&nbsp; I have the factory chokes with it and they seem to pattern fine out to 30 yards.&nbsp; I paid about $325 for mine about 3 years ago.&nbsp; I don't think you can go wrong with purchasing this gun.</P>

6. Blaux

Blaux New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">i bought one a few years back and have had no problems with it at all.&nbsp; i think i paid around $300 for it.&nbsp; i beat the crap out of that gun and it comes back for more.&nbsp; i very seldom clean it and use the factory chokes in it.&nbsp; i have never patterned it, but in side 25 yds it drops geese dead.&nbsp; if your looking for a pump i dont think you can go wrong.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">brian</P>