Ohio Waterfowler Forums banner

Northern Ohio Waterfowlers Swap Meet !

9K views 51 replies 22 participants last post by  toby 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#4 ·
I see Lake Effect Decoys with be there. I saw there decoys at Strongsville, very impressive! Those heads look darn near indestructible.

#6 ·
Sounds like a great idea but how do we have a Northern gathering in the south zone?
You make a good point!

#7 ·
Bowling Alley in Waverly?

Red Barn in Winchester?

Galloway Tavern in Galloway?

Flash's Hog Heaven in Lynchburg?

Crow Bar in Sabina?

Wiley's in Xenia?

Buckeye Station in Stoutsville?

Red Mule in Eaton?

Rusty Keg in WCH?

Taylor's Stag in Chillicothe?

Ribber in Portsmouth?

Just a few great venues!!!!

#9 ·
Bowling Alley in Waverly?

Red Barn in Winchester?

Galloway Tavern in Galloway?

Flash's Hog Heaven in Lynchburg?

Crow Bar in Sabina?

Wiley's in Xenia?

Buckeye Station in Stoutsville?

Red Mule in Eaton?

Rusty Keg in WCH?

Taylor's Stag in Chillicothe?

Ribber in Portsmouth?

Just a few great venues!!!!
You left out the Fox Hole on Maysville Pike.

#14 ·
Won't that be the same day as the state park duck blind draws, 3rd Saturday in August?
Yes the 20th coincides with the state blind drawings.

#18 ·
Delta Youth Activities

Please bring your children and interested youth. Delta Waterfowl has plans for youth activities. We will have duck calls for the kids to build and duck heads for them to paint. Possibly some retriever demos if the grounds are large enough.

#19 ·

#20 ·
I am have decided to bring my enclosed trailer with decoys that I have not used in years. This includes 10 new in box Model 81 Herter's brant. My decoy shed is packed and I do not use them so I might as well sell them. See you there

#23 ·
I will be doing this show as well, it is the first show I have done in 10 years. Some of you are to young to remember me from past shows and some of the old timers on here are past customers. Anyway I'll have a line-up of duck calls so stop by and say hi!

#25 ·
#26 · (Edited)
Delta Waterfowl Foundation takes care of up and coming young hunters. The Delta Waterfowl - Mid-Ohio Chapter will host a youth event at the Northern Ohio Waterfowl Swap Meet on August 20 & 21. Duck head painting, duck call building and retriever handling will be available for young hunters. Duck heads and calls are the kids to keep. Prize will be awarded for the most realistic duck head.

Here's a description of how Delta Waterfowl Foundation operates with the future of our sport (youth hunters) in mind.

Waterfowl Heritage Fund (WHF) allows Delta Waterfowl fundraising chapters to direct conservation and hunter recruitment projects at the local level. In most conservation fundraising models, chapters send all of the money raised to the organization's headquarters. While those funds are applied to the overall mission of the group, all local areas typically don't see the benefit.

Since 2002, Delta has operated with a different philosophy. Delta's WHF allows chapters to keep — and use — 25 percent of the net proceeds from a fundraising banquet. Whether applied to local projects such as Hen Houses, wood duck boxes, First Hunt events and scholarships, or reallocated back to Delta with specific earmarks for predator management, student research or other Delta programs, WHF places control in the hands of local members. Not surprisingly, Delta chapters across the United States and Canada are energized by WHF. After all, it's a great motivator knowing one-fourth of the banquet money can stay in your community.

Get involved in a local chapter today!

Since inception in 2002, more than one million WHF dollars have supported over 12,000 mentored waterfowl hunt and field day participants, the installation of more than 6,000 nesting structures and scholarships for 452 young waterfowl enthusiasts. WHF is the funding mechanism to harness the passion, energy and commitment of North American waterfowlers. We encourage you to join a local chapter or help start a new one in your area. As a Delta chapter volunteer, you can make a difference at both a national and local level! Find out more about getting involved as a Delta chapter volunteer today!

Waterfowl Heritage Fund Delta Waterfowl
A large portion of WHF monies go to educating the next generation of waterfowl hunters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.