Ohio Waterfowler Forums banner

New Years Resolution

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  mjmaurer 
#1 ·
Anybody have one? New Years day 2012 I quit the dip cold turkey, haven't touched it since. This year I want to drop some weight.

I bought one of those FitBit things. Pretty neat gadget. Wear it on your wrist like a watch. It counts your steps, monitors your heart rate, calorie burn and sleep quality.

Several of the guys I work with are wearing them so I joined the club!

Always a good time to do something good for yourself. MJ

#6 ·
Which Fitbit do you have or recomend ?
I have the Fitbit One and really like it. You can't monitor your heart rate but I've never been one to worry about that. What I like about the one is that it's small, can be clipped onto your clothing or dropped into your pocket. I also think it will be more accurate at counting steps because it's on your waist area as opposed to your arm which you swing without knowing it and possibly get false steps.

I clip mine on my pocket when I'm around the house or at work. When I'm hunting, splitting wood, or working in the yard it gets dropped in my pocket so I don't lose it.

I had mine during deer season and was amazed at how much I walked and how many steps I climbed simply walking the hills.

However, be sure to take it off when riding a lawn mower, you get a lot of steps with each bounce.

d r

#8 ·
Think of all the steps and calories you'd count if you pushed the mower.

#11 ·
Which Fitbit do you have or recomend ?
I have a Xiaomi Mi Band, which is certainly worth looking into. Xiaomi is a big Chinese electronics company that doesn't do much marketing in the US. Its not a generic brand, just not sold here much.

Water resistant, will go a month on a single battery charge, tracks activity and sleep, built in alarm clock, it'll vibrate on incoming calls and text messages, can also be used as a "key" for your android phone which by passes any lock screen you have if your phone is within proximity of the band, the new "version 2" also has a heart rate monitor. $14.99 from the manufactures website. Can find them for as little as $12, but there are a lot of counterfeits going around. First one I got from Amazon was a fake. So I've gotten all the rest of them (one for my wife, parents, in-laws) have been straight from website.

http://www.mi.com/en/miband/#01

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.