Ohio Waterfowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some public hunting areas in the Lorain county area. I transfered her with my job a few years ago. My son has expressed an interest in hunting since he went out with his cousins in NJ. I hunted extensively in NJ but due to my job I have not been in a few years. I am looking for somewhere that is best for no boat or dog as I sold the boat prior to moving and did not have a good idea where to hunt in OH. I would be up for partnering with someone to learn the lay of the land. I do have my full camo and hunt with a mossberg 835 ulti mag. I am fairly rusty with calling so someone with a bit of experience on that would be nice as well until I get back up to speed. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. May look into that but I should have been more specific. Is there anything within a 2 to 3 hr drive or overnight camp site to hunt in the morning that is not youth only?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You may consider Salt Fork State Park. Refer to the ODNR page. I believe they have year round camping, but you'll have to check.

·
8,916 Posts
ODNR website gives an overview of all public land in Ohio

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
you can drive to just about any hunting area in Ohio in about 2 to 3 hrs, so you have a pretty good list to choose from on the ODNR website under Maps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello guys! I would like to try waterfowl hunting, as I wish to try something new. Can anyone advise the best public place for such experience?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts