NE Ohio Deer Taxidermy Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by baldwin, Dec 12, 2015.

1. baldwin

baldwin Member

Unreal hunt today...I harvested my first bow buck/my first buck ever and one that I've been chasing for the past 2 yrs!

Any first hand recommendations for a taxidermist in NE Ohio? I live in Geauga County and would prefer something relatively close.

Thank you in advance.

2. sofakinglazy

sofakinglazy Active Member

Congradulations !!

Where are the pictures and details ?

Sorry i cant help you with the taxidermist

3. Toner07

Toner07 Well-Known Member

Bruce at Natures Canvas....he is in Thompson and you will not be disappointed with his work at all. Stop by his studio and talk to him, see his work, and then decide. Congrats on your harvest!

4. Taters7

Taters7 New Member

Jason Sulzener . Bullseye taxidermy

5. baldwin

baldwin Member

Thanks everybody!

6. baldwin

baldwin Member

[​IMG]

Here he is. I had perfect wind conditions and he walked right at me late in the day. Before yesterday, I haven't seen him in daylight in months.

I was fortunate to have this guy broadside and very close, but in a REALLY tight lane. He was moving from my right to left and I drew back as his left eye was between my stand and a small tree. He took one more step and paused, then looked up and in my direction. He was just far enough past the tree base for me to see his shoulder and a few inches back in my sight. I knew it was now or never. My top pin is dialed in at 20 yards, but he was almost right on me. I set the pin just under his belly and let it fly. He took off FAST straight away and out of sight. I swear I saw the impact on him, but didn't hear a 'thud' that I've heard before on impact and I didn't hear a crash after the sprint. I waited 30 long minutes, climbed down and quickly found my arrow; dark red all the way through with bubbles on the front half. I thought I heard movement in the direction he ran and it was starting to get dark, so I backed out. I was back 4 1/2 hrs later with a friend to track. We saw the impact blood, then it really got sporadic. There was more blood every 5 or so feet and most of it had bubbles. It was actually easier to see kicked up leaves on his route away. We only had to track for a few minutes and 40-45 yards before I saw him down next to a small tree. I was very fortunate to double lung him and I believe he was down within 10 seconds or so.

Definitely a great day and definitely the biggest deer I've ever tagged. Can't wait to fill the freezer and get this guy mounted. Buck of a lifetime for me.

7. slapjaw

slapjaw Member

Congrats... Nice one

8. plavo

plavo New Member

Have a guy who lives off Wilson mills and I271 , done lots of ducks, a full turkey mount and deer for me. If interested pm me and I'll give you the info

9. fallingfowl

fallingfowl Active Member

well done, nice buck and good story Congrats

10. baldwin

baldwin Member

Thanks fallingfowl!

11. baldwin

baldwin Member

Dropped him off with Bruce at Natures Canvas...can't wait to get the final product back!