My lerp buck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaktheQwk, Feb 9, 2016.

1. MaktheQwk

MaktheQwk Well-Known Member

My son and I feed the deer. He can shake the corn bucket and they come running like Pavlov's dogs! We have had a nice 9 pointer all season long visiting us. The only thing about him is he can't seem to keep his tongue in his mouth. He struts around, driving off any competitor trying to glom up some shelled corn or apples, but just can't keep that tongue in. We call him "The Lerp". Do you think it's a health issue, or more likely the result of some sort of injury he may have sustained, either during the rut or possibly the result of a deer/car collision? BTW, most of the bucks are still sporting their full racks. There is a young 8 that will be a beautiful stud in another year or two if he can avoid the traffic. He's really pretty and symmetrical for a younger buck.

2. cmrosko

cmrosko Member

Sounds like the buck had an injury of some sort. My brother shot a pretty nice 10 point (low 130's) once that had the entire lower chin missing and looked to have been healed over for a couple of months. I think it's likely that someone tried to poach it in the early fall and aiming for the head blew off it's chin.