My 17 point from sunday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by derricktreadway, Oct 22, 2015.

1. derricktreadway

derricktreadway New Member

Got this little fella Sunday evening on my first hunt of the year. Let's just say I'll never get this lucky again in my life!

Attached Files:

2. derricktreadway

Attached Files:

3. derricktreadway

170 rough green score

Attached Files:

4. mslater

mslater Active Member

5. bluepike

bluepike New Member

6. baldwin

baldwin Member

WOW! Congrats! What county?

7. jeff51814

jeff51814 Well-Known Member

That's a fine deer.

8. FEATHERDUSTER

FEATHERDUSTER Well-Known Member

Congarts, very very nice deer. Good for you.

9. mjmaurer

mjmaurer Active Member

He's a dandy. MJ

10. peanut

peanut Active Member

What's the story behind getting him?? Did you know he was around, or was it a total surprise when you saw him??

11. derricktreadway

Thanks guys. Muskingum county

12. MaktheQwk

MaktheQwk Well-Known Member

Did you know he was lurking around? Trail cam pics? Word of mouth? Your own visual sighting? We want more!!!!!

13. OhioFisher

OhioFisher Member

What a giant, gotta be bigger than that!

14. derricktreadway

Just to put it lightly I'm the luckiest hunter alive right now. I lost this spot last year bc I went to work somewhere else. Well I went back to work for them this year so I got my hunting spot back. I've been working 7 days a week and atleast 12 hr days so I've literally had no time to scout or shoot my Matthews, so I figured I'd buy a crossbow for the wife and I. I recieved the bow Thursday and finally got a day off on Sunday. I woke up early sun morn and sighted in and went and bought some broad heads for my bolts. I got out to the woods about 3:30 and by 4 I had a little 4 point come in and mill around. I was set up in the middle of the woods and at this particular spot I never have seen a lot of deer but have always seen bucks , so it's one of my best spots. Well I was about To start down the tree with my climber when I heard something coming down the trail from behind me. With all my luck in the years I didn't even get up as I figured it was a doe or that 4 point I seen earlier. Well to my surprise as soon as he cleared the bushes I felt my heart trying to get outta my chest. I couldn't believe it, but then he stopped and stared right at me for at least 5 minutes trying to wind me. Well it was getting pretty dark in the woods by then and I knew something was going to have to happen and then the coyotes started howling and he got spooked and turned around and ran back the way he came. Luckily he stopped in the last spot I could shoot and well the rest is history. i really hope to get lucky like this again!

15. derricktreadway

And I've hunted this property the last 9 years so I know it pretty well. There's 1000 acres and only employees are allowed hunting. I've missed a few Giants and this land is known for them. So I knew there were big boys there but I didn't know I was gonna get lucky enough to tag one on my first day out in two years.

16. scoterB

scoterB New Member

goodonya. congrats!

17. bakes

bakes Member