Mudding Help......

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, and Motors' started by Bshive, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Bshive

Bshive Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I am expecting an Avery Finisher from Mack's PW this Friday and want to "mud it" this weekend.&nbsp; Do I just mix dirt and water in a 5 gallon bucket, smear it on with a brush, let it dry and sweep off the excess?</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Any help would be appreciated.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Thanks</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Bryan</P>

2. zvilleduks

zvilleduks New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px"><FONT size=3>Mix the soil with water and a little bit of dishwashing liquid, to a consistency of your average paint, maybe a touch thicker. Apply liberally, allow to dry and then rub in, brush off to taste. Just did a Powerhunter, this afternoon for the little fella. Good luck.</FONT></P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px"><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px"><FONT size=3>Scott</FONT></P>

3. Blaux

Blaux New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">try to use soil that is in the area you plan to hunt.&nbsp; i like to put it on real thick and heavy.&nbsp; when it dries knock off the heavy clumps, but dont be concerned about getting it all off.&nbsp; plan on redoing it several times through out the season.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">brian</P>

4. Garyoutlaw

Garyoutlaw Member

<P>I have found that river mud that has fine sand and dish soap work well.The fine sand seems to fill the fabric up and after dry it&nbsp;brushes off with a hourse brush and still looks dull. I hunted mine alot last year and mudded it 1X but my friend was always sweeping his mud out of the truck every 3rd hunt but just used mud from a fiels we hunt. I think theultra fine sand helps</P>

5. 3006

3006 New Member

<P>Dude, set it up and have the neighbor kids come over and tell them that you bet they can't get that thing all muddy. Saves on doing it yourself.</P>