Mosquito 10/27 Unit F for trade

Discussion in 'Transfer-A-Hunt' started by ToledoDuckin, Oct 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ToledoDuckin

ToledoDuckin Member

Mosquito Unit F 10/27 up for trade, looking for any Ottawa or Magee.

Thanks

2. I have an Ottawa 11/16, I don’t have the permit in front of me so I don’t recall the unit #.

3. ToledoDuckin

ToledoDuckin Member

I will let you know by end of day. Thanks for the offer.

4. ToledoDuckin

ToledoDuckin Member

PM Sent

5. ToledoDuckin

ToledoDuckin Member

Sent you a PM yea I’m good to trade.

6. CANCRUSHER

CANCRUSHER Member

Well don't keep us in suspense, how did this hunt go ?

7. PerchMonkey

PerchMonkey Active Member

My guess he let the permit go unused and will not respond........pretty sad

8. ToledoDuckin

ToledoDuckin Member

Why would that be sad? Are you out the 3 bucks? Giving the birds a free pass for a day, is that sad?

Or is it sad that because of everything that has happened this year my plans to head out there and hunt fell through and I was left desperate to find a more local place to hunt later in the season?

I think there is a misunderstanding in the difference between sad and bitter.

Hope you have a safe and successful season...

9. FEATHERDUSTER

FEATHERDUSTER Well-Known Member

Very very sad. What about all the hunters in the other units next to you, like G H F you had one of the best units, and opening day. Opening day at mosquito Marsh units was 10-27. Being from out west you don’t realize, mosquito Marsh units are only Hunted 12 days of the season.that’s why not using that unit or trading it is so sad. Your three dollar decision did not just affect you!

PerchMonkey likes this.
  10. jjm

jjm Active Member

You see what happened to the field units at Mosquito. They had 50% no show rate for years, now half of the them are gone forever.
    Easy to justify getting rid of something that is not utilized.
    I would take that unit any day of the season over anything at Ottawa or Magee.
    The guys in the surrounding units probably did better that day since the permit wheelers and dealers didn’t show and go in there early and blow a 1000 birds off the roost

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    PerchMonkey likes this.
  11. PerchMonkey

It's sad because you had the opportunity to transfer a permit so it would not go unused

I think there is a misunderstanding in the difference between sad and selfish.

Hope the rest of the year your plans don't fall through and you can make it out and you have a safe and successful season

Crowsnest likes this.
  12. ToledoDuckin

ToledoDuckin Member

You guys make it sound like I was happy to see the permit go unused. I tried to transfer it and that fell through. Only reason it was up for transfer in the first place was because my partner from that area is dealing with some medical problems.

Call me selfish, I’ll call you jealous.

If it makes you feel any better. I talked to another group who hunted out there on 27th. Unit N maybe. They didn’t pull the trigger. Apparently the refuge was loaded up.

Good luck and good hunting

13. PerchMonkey

You could have easily offered up the permit as "free" if you haven't felt the need to get something out of it or see it go unused. Nothing says you must hunt with a partner either.

I hope your partner is doing well and you get any help you need.

Call me bitter and jealous i'll call you selfish and thoughtless.

I don't know much about this area but I'm guessing the guys who didn't pull the trigger were out of position.

Get well soon

I'm done

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020