magee Marsh reports

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moe324, Oct 22, 2015.

1. moe324

moe324 Active Member

Anyone doing any good at magee Marsh lately? I got picked to hunt it Monday October 26. I live 2.5 hours away so I'm wondering if it's worth the drive up. Any additional info would be great on how the controlled hunt works. I don't have a dog so I'm worried about that.

2. Sky walker

Sky walker Member

It's better than being at work

3. Sky walker

Sky walker Member

I'll meet you there with my dog !

4. ROSEBUD

ROSEBUD Member Lifetime Supporter

Yea me, skywalker, and his dog can meet you up there! :)

5. LV2HNT

LV2HNT Member

Killed 3 btwn me and my dad yesterday there. High blind was 7 birds. Few woodies teal mallards pintails and gadwall flying. It was warm so birds stopped flying quick. Magee is always a fun hunt no matter what in my opinion. Bring your own extra camo netting or vegetation to help you blind out away from the blind. Bird average has been less then a bird per man this week but you can't kill them at home

6. EaglePoint

EaglePoint 1 more pass? No Way!

One buddy of mine shot 5 for 2 guys. A lot depends on the spot drawn.

7. heveshot

heveshot Member

My boy took 1 Greenhead, 1 Green wing teal, 1 Gadwall, 1 Widgeon, and a Canada Goose, knocked 2 down, lost a swimmer. Dog got plenty work, make sure your waders fit tight, lotsa muck.
    Have fun

8. TooTall71

TooTall71 Member

@heveshot, what blind did he have? Going tomorrow just trying to get an idea of which blinds are hot

9. heveshot

heveshot Member

We drew 23 east marsh, 17 birds killed Saturday out of the three. First time 23 was hunted yet this year.