Leaky waders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by duck rookie, Jan 3, 2016.

1. duck rookie

duck rookie Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this. My waders have developed several leaks and need to be replaced but there isn't money in the budget to replace them this year. Sooo, I decided to wear waterproof pants under my waders. I hunted slack water today so I didn't get a chance to test my idea.

d r

2. Chef77

Chef77 Executive Chef Sportsman

Try using bath/shower silicone to seal up your leaks if they aren't to big. Usually keeps water out.

3. Dukwakr

Dukwakr Active Member

Try Flex Seal. You can float a boat with it. Bwaaaaahahaha

4. duck rookie

I have, they still leak.

d r

5. Depends on where the leak is I have used gorilla glue with great success.

6. toad

toad Member

The rain pants usually help. At least they have for me in the past in your situation.

7. the_lone_wader

the_lone_wader Active Member

I have melted rubber fishing lures over leaky spots with success. Kind of like soldering with plastic.

8. WCFB1

WCFB1 Active Member

No money in the budget...you are comical lol

9. duck rookie

That's what I said. I'm paying for two college educations on one income, there isn't much room for fluff. Any other questions?

d r

10. WCFB1

WCFB1 Active Member

Actually yes...can you give me some updated scouting reports for CC? My budget won't allow me to scout lol

11. duck rookie

There's water, duck hunters, and birds flying around. As a matter of fact we saw hawks, sandhill cranes, kingfishers, brown creepers, and sparrows.

d r

12. EricOsh

EricOsh Member

I use shoe goo on mine. Had a quarter size hole with missing neoprene that got ripped out and it did the trick. Do it in the garage, that **** smells.

13. tjeep

tjeep New Member

I have never had luck patching! If mine leak they go in trash, try to borrow a set until for the last couple weeks save up for next season. Cold, Wet feet suck!