Layout boat use

Discussion in 'Diver Hunter Forum' started by Ducksdemise, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Ducksdemise

Ducksdemise Member

I just bought a MLB layout boat.
    How do you guys transport it on your tender boats?
    Towing
    In the tender boat
    Any info will be appreciated.
    I have a 17' lonestar as my tender boat.
    Thanks,
    Jim

2. MightyLayoutBoy

MightyLayoutBoy New Member

<P>Dear Ducksdemise;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Congratulations on your purchase of a Mighty Layout Boat. I am confident that you will be pleased with the results of owning one.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">It sounds like you have a good tender boat for this purpose. I suggest that you carry the layout boat inside the tender, and across two supports which span your gunwhales. </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">For instance, if you fix a pair of 2x4s across your tender boat from port to starboard side and approximately 8' apart, you can rest the layout boat on them. Remember to tie the layout boat down, and to fasten the 2x4s to the boat as well. There are more specialized ways to rack your boat, but this is what works for me with either our Classic or Supermag models. In the case of our two man boat, I would recommend that your wood be stepped up to 2X8s.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">If you have more questions, feel free to raise them here, to email me, or to call our toll free number; 877.652.3695. It would be a pleasure to hear from you, and answer any questions.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">God Bless,</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Mark Rongers</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P>