Ohio Waterfowler Forums banner

Lake Erie hunting the break walls?

6K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  NathanFisher 
#1 ·
Anyone ever done this and are there special rules to follow? Am I gonna need a boat or can I just walk the walls? Is it even worth giving it a shot? Any intel and advice would be appreciated.

#14 ·
Once sombody tried to tell us that it was there blind and we had to leave, as we laughed at them they scampered like a flock of coots trying to out run an outboard.

#18 ·
Sounds no different than any other hunt. So I guess all the wall hunters can take a thumb and shove it up their fat butts. Piss off eat poo and I'm taking your beloved spot. We all know I'm good for it. Tootles....

#21 ·
I hunted it about a dozen times last year never was invited I don't need to be no one owns them. Also never had any problems.

#22 ·
dont worry about other hunters but the wack jobs called Black Swamp Bird Observatory will harass you if there are walking trails... It will be like a planned parent hood clinic outside your boat blind. I had lady decide to sneak up and let off (2) fog horns then the sheriff arrives, then the game warden arrives when you get back to ramp and the whole boat is emptied on the blacktop so he can justify keeping his job......

No one wins with these breakwalls accessed by walkers.

#23 ·
Eric, I realize the regulations on the wall. I'm just not going to use the blinds that some have been in the family for generations. Just the way I was raised. I was was just making a a statement tongue in cheek. I'm sure the guys will welcome everyone with open arms. Enjoy.

#24 ·
Eric, I realize the regulations on the wall. I'm just not going to use the blinds that some have been in the family for generations. Just the way I was raised. I was was just making a a statement tongue in cheek. I'm sure the guys will welcome everyone with open arms. Enjoy.
So, if I understand this correctly, these folks are basically squatting on a public break wall? And they have the idea now that it belongs to them??
Interesting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.