Ohio Waterfowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opening weekend with no reports yet? Well I'll start. Was lucky enough to get invited to pickerel creek. Two of us ended up with 7 ducks. 3 mallards, 3 blue wings, and 1 pintail. We had no-shows around us, which was nice having birds work. A buddy had his two sons at Magee. They had a great morning shooting 11 ducks and one goose.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
One Mallard for us at zone 8/10 Pickerel. Did not see a lot of birds,maybe 75. Mostly Woodies hitting the creek to the west of us. From what we saw, zone 11 got one, zone 9 got 0.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Made it about a 1/4 mile out on opener to have my motor shut off. Limped it back to the ramp with the trolling motor. My fuel had completely separated in the tank in 3 weeks...wtf??? Dropped that boat off at the house grabbed another went out and shot a couple birds around 930. Came back in drained the tank, put a new water seperator on it. Drained the powerheads of bad fuel. Filled her up and hunted her the next morning. Runs like a champ with good fuel lol.

·
Registered
103 Posts
the usual wood ducks and a few teal...one of these years they will open the season for a few days in October to shoot the woodies and close it until November 1st...wishful thinking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts