L.E. Marsh Zone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toby, Oct 18, 2015.

1. toby

toby Member

Opening weekend with no reports yet? Well I'll start. Was lucky enough to get invited to pickerel creek. Two of us ended up with 7 ducks. 3 mallards, 3 blue wings, and 1 pintail. We had no-shows around us, which was nice having birds work. A buddy had his two sons at Magee. They had a great morning shooting 11 ducks and one goose.

2. CaptMark

CaptMark Retired Ohio Waterfowler Staff Member Moderator

3. flash020586

flash020586 Member

No bad for public land with million people trying to be duck hunters

Attached Files:

4. bluepike

bluepike New Member

[​IMG]

Successful day in the LEZ.

5. ROSEBUD

ROSEBUD Member Lifetime Supporter

Killed one goose at Willow Point opening day! Toughest goose I have ever killed!

6. FEATHERDUSTER

FEATHERDUSTER Well-Known Member

One Mallard for us at zone 8/10 Pickerel. Did not see a lot of birds,maybe 75. Mostly Woodies hitting the creek to the west of us. From what we saw, zone 11 got one, zone 9 got 0.

7. nelliboy2

nelliboy2 Active Member

Made it about a 1/4 mile out on opener to have my motor shut off. Limped it back to the ramp with the trolling motor. My fuel had completely separated in the tank in 3 weeks...wtf??? Dropped that boat off at the house grabbed another went out and shot a couple birds around 930. Came back in drained the tank, put a new water seperator on it. Drained the powerheads of bad fuel. Filled her up and hunted her the next morning. Runs like a champ with good fuel lol.

8. mallard

mallard Member

Hunting Pipe Creek opening day. 11 ducks 2 geese, Mallards Gadwall, Teal, Woodies and 1 Redhead.

9. Duckeyes

Duckeyes Member

the usual wood ducks and a few teal...one of these years they will open the season for a few days in October to shoot the woodies and close it until November 1st...wishful thinking.