Killdeer Teal 9/19

Discussion in 'Transfer-A-Hunt' started by Qback5, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Qback5

Qback5 Member

The recent rains led to a reschedule of my daugther's softball games, so cannot use a 9/19 Killdeer permit, Unit D8.

Looking to transfer...

2. If you’re looking for Killdeer & can hunt a weekday I have 9/17

3. fwlHntr66

fwlHntr66 New Member

STAY AWAY FROM KILDEER!!! We are literally in the marsh right now. Very little water. It’s all overgrown with lily pads and tall grass. No open water. We are just waiting for daylight to walk out.

4. fwlHntr66

fwlHntr66 New Member

No open water for birds to land.

5. Qback5

Qback5 Member

How did it end up for you at killdeer...did you see any birds? Wondering if the recent rains maybe helped?

6. fwlHntr66

fwlHntr66 New Member

We never even got to set up. We thought the island would be good so we walked in but all we encountered was ankle deep water and shoulder high grass and Lillies. It took us 40 mins to fight our way in 100-150 yards to the island then we had to rest and 40 minutes to walk back out.

there was some open water by the truck parking that could have been hunted and would be ok for regular season when you can shoot everything. But I wouldn’t reccomend going unless you can drive up a few days before and get eyes on your zone. Remember the instructions say no scouting. And there are no trespassing signs beyond the parking lot but you could park and stand on the dike and see what’s up. Just can’t walk in.
    I was really upset. It’s a nice place but they hadn’t done anything to the hunting zones and they were all overgrown and basically unusable.

maybe that grass will die off and fall down for regular season? I don’t know.

7. fwlHntr66

fwlHntr66 New Member

There were ducks flying. I didn’t see any teal. Just woodies, mallards, and geese. We had zone H3 which is usually one of the “better” zones and it was garbage. However you could hunt right in front of the parking area and there were some ducks poking around the open water. It all depends on what zone you get.