Just got harassed ?!?! People suck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gasfish26, Dec 17, 2015.

1. gasfish26

gasfish26 Member

So I'm in a wma mostly swamp and some open water

When a lady yells at me and shoots a bottle rocket my way

I had 6 mallards -4 drakes and two hens in front of me. The ducks took off in a hurry after the firecracker.

So I got my decoys and mind you I am in a kayak and got back to the truck and called DOW.

Awaiting his call back

Anything else I should have done?

2. gasfish26

gasfish26 Member

[​IMG]

Was able to get two though

3. WorldBFreebase

WorldBFreebase Resident Antagonist

only other thing you could have done was politely advise her that it is illegal to perform acts in an attempt to prevent someone from legally hunting and it carries a penalty of up to a $1000 fine and 6 months in jail and unless she wants to meet the game warden, you would suggest she stop and not do it again.

4. the_lone_wader

the_lone_wader Active Member

If you have a smart phone, video would have been very helpful.

5. EaglePoint

EaglePoint 1 more pass? No Way!

Hunter harrasment. Did you have another eyewitness, get her plates or a positive ID on her? If so, you can pursue charges. I've been there...

6. duck rookie

duck rookie Well-Known Member

also illegal to discharge fireworks.

d r

7. gasfish26

gasfish26 Member

Thanks fellas

I should have call the PD since she shot a projectile (bottle rocket) in my direction and got her for some type of assault. I still may do that depending on what the DoW officer says.

I have her address and generally what she was wearing/looked like.

I was a solo hunter today. So no other witnesses.
    Happened in a split second, no time to activate the iPhone.

Still awaiting a call from DOW officer.

8. Dan_O

Dan_O Well-Known Member

Most likely your still waiting for the DOW officer, there's little or no chance of getting them to do anything.

9. pjf

pjf Anti Media Pro Staffer

She wasn't happy you shot her 2 Geese she has been feeding bread to all summer?

10. mslater

mslater Active Member

Empty Wonder Bread bags make excellent decoys.

11. mslater

mslater Active Member

We had some old woman screaming at us one time. Fortunately, we had the law administrator from DOW hunting with us. He had a short conversation with her after the hunt and we never had another issue.

12. Cjensen

Cjensen Active Member

I've had people interrupt our hunts a few times. I always think it's kinda funny and enjoy it. Nothing like drilling flocks of geese while people are screaming

13. gasfish26

gasfish26 Member

So the DoW officer called me this evening

He said prolly next week he will stop by her residence and give her a chat.
    He is on some special assignments.

He said he will try to modify her behavior. Make her not do it again.
    He said the prosecutor will not take a case like this, I forgot the reason he said.

I plan on going back in a few days, when ever I can get off work and smacking the rest of the ducks and geese I see near her place.

That's all folks

14. AC_ESS

AC_ESS New Member

Let me know when you go. I would't mind helping you out with her.

15. Runningdog

Runningdog Active Member

Special assignment... plugs in guys and hold all bait!..:shocked::rotate::shocked:

16. MikeBeatty

MikeBeatty FKA Boomn4x4

Are you ever right about anything Dan_O?

17. jjm

jjm Active Member

Had a few of those types in past. I always have told them I am legally engaged in act of hunting and it is illegal to interfere with a licensed hunter legally hunting and I can call the sheriff or game warden to help clear things up.
    They always put there tail between their legs and run when ask for their name or take a picture of their license plate so game warden can figure out their name.
    All types of wackos out their, but if I ever was going to harass anyone or group I would pick the group without loaded guns.

18. the_lone_wader

the_lone_wader Active Member

There was a lady here that would constantly harass hunters. She only owned an acre of land, but it was surrounded by a farm that allowed hunting to pretty much anyone who asked. Any time she would see hunters, she would call the game warden with a false claim that the hunters were trespassing or something. The warden would show up, check all licenses, tags, and plugs and move on. One day, he finally got fed up and let it slip that she called every time and he was getting pretty sick of it. He said he had to respond, but he knew what was going on.

I drove by during deer gun season after that and couldn't help but notice that she had about a dozen deer worth of guts, hides, and bones scattered all over her driveway.

19. gasfish26

gasfish26 Member

I have heard plenty of stories like that lone_wader

But I actually had my quarry in sight.

And this ****ing bitch ruined my opportunity to harvest game

I think the DoW officer should have done a little more than a talking to.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  20. gasfish26

gasfish26 Member

I will go back every day

Kill everything

Haha

Maybe I will make a special delivery