Howard March

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpagec, Nov 12, 2020.

1. cpagec

cpagec New Member

My son and i have unit H2 at Howard Marsh this Monday. Has anyone been there? What's it like? From the maps it appears to have boat channels to get to the areas as well as islands within each unit. It would be nice to find some dry ground to get the dog out of the boat!

2. AvianHunter

AvianHunter Active Member

No dry ground that I am aware of

center71 likes this.

3. collegekid

collegekid Member

How did you do?

OWM likes this.
  4. cpagec

cpagec New Member

We ended up with 2 Gadwall and 1 Spoonie. We set up in the wrong place in the dark of morning and would have had 3 or 4 more if we started where we ended up moving. If you hunt Unit 2 go to the back (south) side of the unit. Water is knee to waist deep but the bottom is really nice, no muck, and lots of cattails with pockets that the birds really seemed to like to avoid the constant wind. Lots of swans and a couple flocks of white pelicans in the area too. The ramp and parking area are superb. You absolutely need a boat. I used a Carsten's Canvasback with a 6HP mud motor (purchased via this site) and it worked perfectly. Now that i know the area, i would love to go back some day.

5. collegekid

collegekid Member

Thanks we are in unit 3 and I’m told it’s pretty deep. Gonna have to put the blind on the boat. Thanks for the report.