Herter's Question

Discussion in 'Decoys & Decoy Carving' started by Lucky13, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Lucky13

Lucky13 Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I was on the Cabela's website under the Herter's decoys and their "Unpainted Duck" decoys and they have two types.&nbsp; Unpainted Magnum Duck Body, and Unpainted Ultimate Magnum decoys.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Other than the $22 difference per dozen it doesn't mention the difference between the two.&nbsp;&nbsp;Is anyone familiar with the difference between them&nbsp;?</P>

2. sbe023

sbe023 New Member

<P>lucky , the ultimates have a hard plastic covering /shell applied to the outside of the decoy. the others are just bare foam.&nbsp; no need for the ultimates if you are going to burlap them.</P>

3. stumpknocker

stumpknocker New Member

<P>just my .02; you might want to avoid the hard bodies, they tend to shine up as the season wears on, rubbing against each other in the bag or on the boat shelf, even with good flat paint they just get shiny, go for the foam body and the restle coating if you do yourself. i ended up burlapping my hard bodies, indestructible for sure, just alot of extra work and weight although they ride o.k.</P>

4. stumpknocker

stumpknocker New Member

<P>good source for granulated corn cob ie restle coating; is your local grain elevator and ask them who they ship the cobs off to for processing, just watch which size graunulation you purchase</P>

5. johnch

johnch New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Corn cob is sold in 2 sizes for pet beding .</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">If you have a Andersons store local they carry 50 lb bags in the pet department</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Also it is sold for use in sand blasters to remove paint form wood I think.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">I use the small size for tumbleing brass for reloading.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Johnch</P>

6. Duckdude

Duckdude AKA Yo Daddy

<P>so whats the secret restle adhesive? as for the hard bodies i have a half doz. milleniums which have the photographic finish on the hard body and the stuff does tend to scrape off and leave a lot of white.</P>