Help wanted-seeking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaktheQwk, Feb 13, 2016.

1. MaktheQwk

MaktheQwk Well-Known Member

Having appointed two lesbians to the SCOTUS, one white and one Hispanic, the Kenyan will obviously go with a black male, preferably transgendered like his freaky wife to nominate to fill the vacancy created by the sudden passing of Justice Antonin Scalia. He's not even cold yet, and the argument regarding a lame duck president nominating someone to fill the vacancy vs. waiting 11 months for a newly elected president to fill that vacancy has already started. As gun owners and hunters, we have lost a powerful ally on the court. He was in Texas on a hunting trip when they discovered him dead when he didn't show for breakfast. I will bet the ranch the Kenyan will find the biggest hater of the Second Amendment he can to nominate. Taking bets now. The story floating about already is the Kenyan will try to do a recess appointment if the Senate will not allow him to nominate a replacement. Stories abound regarding Justice Scalia being a joy to share a duck blind or bird field with.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
  2. Toner07

Toner07 Well-Known Member

Ill bet you its Eric Holder.

3. SteveinCanton

SteveinCanton Member

Bye bye 2nd amendment. There is no way you can hold off a nomination for 10 months.

4. pjf

pjf Anti Media Pro Staffer

5. the_lone_wader

the_lone_wader Active Member

I've never understood why the Supreme Court doesn't have term limits, let alone elections.

6. MaktheQwk

I'm gonna disagree with you on that one. The country gave the House and Senate control in the mid-terms to stop the Kenyans agenda. When Dem loony Harry Reid offered the nuclear option to drop the requirement for 60 yea votes to confirm any of Obamas selection for judges, or other appointments, Mitch McConnel warned Obama that it would come back to haunt him. Read where McConnel spoke to the Kenyan last night and reminded him of the consequences of the nuclear action. Basically told him it was his turn to eat sh*t.

7. SteveinCanton

SteveinCanton Member

I agree with you on the nuclear option, my concern is that the republicans will screw this up. I can see Cruz and Trump being so confrontational on this, I am worried if that is the case we will have Clinton as our next prez.

I definetly see the NRA being over the top and costing the republicans votes

8. MikeBeatty

MikeBeatty FKA Boomn4x4

This is a hunting site, so of course the 2nd Amendment is going to take the stage. But in all reality, gun control is very low on the priority list. A nomination just isn't going to occur based on their 2nd amendment beliefs. Besides that, there really aren't many legal challenges going on now in regards to gun control so explicitly nominating an anti gun candidate would be a waste. If Obama is going to lay an attack any of the issues, it'll be health care.

That's a given.... just as it has been for the past 2 decades. The NRA is one of the most dangerous organizations for gun control.... so ironic.

9. MaktheQwk

Then, of course, this just might be the constitutional crisis the Kenyan dreamed of, allowing him to invoke marshal law and name himself emperor for life.

10. Tuco

Tuco Member

The nuclear option does not apply to Supreme Court appointee's, only lower courts - but Reid can still eat sh*t.

I dis-agree whole-heartedly with this, you might look at the polling on the changing American attitude against gun control, not to mention the always useful "energizing the base". It's hard to imagine where we would be over the last 20 years without the NRA.

Do you think a liberal minded judge will be in favor of universal health care but pro-gun? The truth is an ideological liberal, like the other 2 broads he nominated, vote exclusively the liberal agenda. Whether it's gun control, EPA over-reaching, illegal immigration, gay marriage, or whatever. With his trend of nominating young, very liberal candidates we can be assured of many, many years of this country being pulled to the left. ( see Ginsburg ). Not to mention it currently gives the court a very strong 5 member liberal majority, with no end in sight. So to say there are not any 2nd Amendment cases currently under review is extremely short sighted, and I would add not a "waste" given gun-control may be the one issue where he has not had much success implementing (thank-you NRA). He would be very happy to see a continuing of his agenda long after he leaves office due to his Supreme Court "legacy".

11. MikeBeatty

MikeBeatty FKA Boomn4x4

I'm not saying that a liberal minded justice wouldn't vote for gun control. Just that Obama isn't going to make his nomination based on gun control. Seems that is what everyone is up in a rage about... Obama being "after our guns". The reality is, as much as conservatives don't want to believe it, gun control is really low on his priority list. He's got much bigger fish to fry.

This all not to mention that the clear front runner for Obama's nomination is Sri Srinivasan whom is a moderate who's career's foundation is under Republican administration. Its also worth noting Srinvasen won his Senate confrimation 97-0. Hardly the gloom and doom appointment many conservatives are enraged about.

12. pintaildreamer

pintaildreamer Active Member

Gun control not a priority? How naive!
    You are correct.....he doesn't want control.......he wants CONFISCATION.
    He only brings it up at every "crises".

13. MikeBeatty

MikeBeatty FKA Boomn4x4

You are exactly right... he ONLY brings it up when there is a crisis. Simply because people need to hear something about it come out of his mouth.

Other than that, not a peep. Why? Because its not a priority of his.

14. Tuco

Tuco Member

I'm sorry but this is just not true. Another case where 2 individuals can look at the last 7 years and come to totally different conclusions.

15. Ragtime

Ragtime Active Member

FIFY

16. WorldBFreebase

WorldBFreebase Resident Antagonist

not quite sure where you are getting the info that he is the clear front runner. that would be pure speculation and one's opinion. definitely on the short list and if obama is going to nominate someone, srinivasan is definitely one that would not cause much ire on either side of the aisle.

my gut tells me it will be someone more along the lines of loretta lynch.

17. Cjensen

Cjensen Active Member

You sound like an idiot sometimes