Help my boat wont

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, and Motors' started by DiverDown, Sep 7, 2005.

1. DiverDown

DiverDown New Member

<P>stay running. it will start and run for about 30 seconds and then stop like it's out of fuel. it will stay running if you keep it wide open but not while it's in idle, any suggestion would be greatly appricated. DD</P>

2. reidduck

reidduck New Member

check your primmer ball on your gas line to the tank,or gas cap to see if vent is open.

3. sbe023

sbe023 New Member

<P>listen to all your connections for any air leaks. may even be at the tank connection .there is a small oring there on evinrude/johnson that may be broken.i suggest you buy factory gas line parts too, aftermarket parts are not as good. think of it as an artery to the heart .</P>

4. DiverDown

DiverDown New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Tony, It's set for about a year and a half. the last time it was out I let it run out of gas after disconnecting the fuel line, as I always do. I did notice alot of dark stuff coming out of the exhaust with the water that I was pumping in it. I just got a new fuel line from Cabela's that is supposed to be for my outboard. I have fresh gas and a fuel cleaner and stabilizer in the tank. It will run if I have the throttle set at half or greater, but wont run at idle. it wont even start at idle, just seems to flood it's self out. DD </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Side note, I am going away tomorrow morning and wont be back until sunday evening sometime, so If you post and I don't reply that is why, not trying to avoid anyone. Ya'll have a great hunt this weekend and hopefully the teal will be here in #'s. </P>

5. Kwags

Kwags New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">It sounds like your low idle jet got dirt on it. I would try using carb cleaner for outboard engines. Try starting the engine and spraying it in the neck of the carb will it is running. good luck.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P>

6. wingshotxx

wingshotxx New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">sell as is to coworker cheap. </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">no more worrys!!!!</P>

7. scottb

scottb New Member

<P>take the drain plugs out of the carb bowls and squeeze the primer ball a few times sometimes if there is dirt in there it will wash it out.</P>