Has anyone tried "THE FREAK" friction call?

Discussion in 'Ohio Gobbler Hunting' started by Bshive, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Bshive

Bshive Member

Just ordered the "strap on your leg" friction call(The Freak) from cabelas and was wondering if anyone has tried and liked the call.

Thanks

2. blackswamp

blackswamp Member

I have used the freak before & the only bad thing is it flops around on your leg if you walk around with it on. But they are a nice call.

3. BrettBuss

BrettBuss New Member

The concept of the Freak is great. You can strap it to your leg or you can also strap it to the stock of your gun. As far as the call itself goes, its ok, I would suggest buying a Peg Pack to go with it. I have found that the Pegs/Strikers that they have with the call is not always the best. I guess its a matter of preference to the sounds that you like and want out of the call.

There is a manufacture out there that will allow you to basically do the same thing with the slate calls that you may already have. If I’m thinking correctly I believe that it might be H.S. This is a good option for the hunter that already has a call that hey likes.

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Brett Buss
    Avery Outdoors Pro-Staff

4. WaterfowlWarrior

WaterfowlWarrior New Member

I like the call, I have the frictionite type, and it called in both of the spring birds (2004) I shot.

5. Bshive

Bshive Member

Thanks for all the replies.

I just got mine in the mail yesterday and love the sound.

6. WaterfowlWarrior

WaterfowlWarrior New Member

Did you get the frictionite or glass? The glass came out after I bought mine (frictionite), and wondered how the glass sounded.

7. Bshive

Bshive Member

I got the Frictionite because I've had previous slate calls with frictionite and liked the sound.

I like the versatility of the glass/crystal calls. You don't have to worry about getting dew or rain on them.

8. RemingtonBoy

RemingtonBoy New Member

I have the Crystal Freak. I love it. I like the way it sounds and the way you can strap it on to your knee or your gun stock.
    Just my 2 cents,
    RemingtonBoy