Ohio Waterfowler Forums banner

Great morning...

431 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Howman 
#1 ·
<P>Last night I took Tom Marsillo, turkey hunter extraordinaire out and we roosted some turkeys.&nbsp; This morning, Tom brought his video camera and we met up with John to see what we could do.&nbsp; We got set up, and from the first note on Tom's call, game on!&nbsp; We watched several hens and a gobbler fly down from the roost.&nbsp; Unfortunately, they flew right out into the open field and the gobbler was strutting by about 6:20.&nbsp; We had two more gobblers fired up behind us.&nbsp; One came in at about&nbsp;10 yards from Tom and the video camera.&nbsp; Unfortunately, I was facing the wrong way!&nbsp; He saw the hens and the&nbsp;gobbler out in the field and bee-lined it to them.&nbsp; A few moments later, another gobbler came out into the field about 60 yards away, and sprinted at a dead run out to the other birds.&nbsp; By 6:30 we had three long beards in the field strutting.&nbsp; Sadly for us, with all of the hens they were tending to, we just could get one to shake loose.&nbsp; Finally, the call of Cracker Barrel overcame our desire to stick it out, and we&nbsp;packed it in.&nbsp; I know where I'll be the next warm sunny morning...&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </P>

#2 ·
You failed to mention that I didn't take the shot on the closest gobbler in order to let you have a crack at him.&nbsp; Had I known you were not facing him, my gun blast would have caused you a sanitary problem that only your dry cleaner would have known.

#3 ·
<P>Speaking of Dewayne's possible problem ,have you ever been in Cabela's</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Bargin Cave looking through the insulated camo bibs and pants. Alot are marked soiled for reason of return. Wonder what exactly happened?</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">No&nbsp;i have never bought any of them.</P>

#4 ·
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Dewayne and John...sounded like a great morning. John...your more patient than me....I would have soiled his pants. Be interesting what this weather is going to do to the birds. I was plannning on resting until Tuesday....but you never know what will happen until you go out.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">PS...I had Cracker Barrel for Breakfast on the way home from hunting on Rt 14...Hmmm Good.</P>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.