Granddad's Pic

Discussion in 'Field & Outdoor Memories Photos' started by jeffk, Jun 12, 2005.

1. jeffk

jeffk New Member

<P>Here is a picture of my grandpa Killian from 1949? Deer from Wyoming with</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">his hunting partner's. He is in the center.My Dad gave this to me(the original) while my older brother got his L.C. Smith 12 gauge(first born rights.) This is all I have of my Grandpa's. Sadly I never got to hunt with him. He died of a massive stroke when I was 11. This picture was taken in the backyard of his home in Hicksville.&nbsp;I got to paint this house in 1990 after it was sold by my grandparent's years before. </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">My Grandpa after retirement one year shot 42 fox squirrels in the eye one fall. My dad told me he would wait forever for the perfect shot to do this</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">with a 22. </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">I do have an old mounted buck from Michigan he got in the 1940's. He shot two in two years from the same stump. My cousin got the one mount and&nbsp;I got the other. Got to have it re-mounted soon. Real nice ten pointer.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">We have this picture in the living room under the deer mounts.</P>