gone for awhile!!

Discussion in 'Ohio Gobbler Hunting' started by turkeyspurs, May 9, 2016.

1. turkeyspurs

turkeyspurs New Member

Well, I haven't been on here in quite some time, so I thought I would visit and check out the Ol Gobbler Forum. Never disappoints!! I have a couple entries to add myself!!
    Classic roost hunt . Called one bird off, but couldn't get a shot. 2 more followed shortly aftetr, and I took the bird on the right. 10 minutes later, we heard a distant gobble. I called again, and 30 minutes and 6 gobbler later, we had 2 birds on the ground. Left bird 10 3/4"beard 3/4" spurs. Bird on the right, 1" spurs, 13" beard(my longest to date)

Attached Files:

2. turkeyspurs

turkeyspurs New Member

2nd entry.. I had the honor of being a mentor on the 1st annual Nwtf Ability hunt this year. I was paired up with disabled Army veteran Matt Kaufmann. We had a heck of a couple days and the first was one you only see on TV. I called 14 male birds into the field that morning, of which he had 2 groups of 5 jakes, and 1 longbeard in shooting range.. He never pulled the trigger?? When I asked him why, he said I dunno, I guess I was in awe of the sights and the strutting and multiple fights going on, and I was kinda taking it all in. The second day, the only birds that would commit were a group of 3 jakes, and this time he wasn't hesitating. Extremely satisfying hunt for me!!

Attached Files:

3. Ragtime

Ragtime Active Member

AWESOME AND WOW THAT IS A LONG ROPE!! Congrats

4. turkeyspurs

turkeyspurs New Member

Thanks RT, yeah that is now my longest to date. The previous personal best was 11 1/2".. There is one on the property on trail cam Id say will go 14 to 15 easy!! One last 3 day weekend for me to try to close em out..