Full body decoy ?'s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boonelli14, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Boonelli14

Boonelli14 Fire/Medic

Getting ready to purchase some full body mallards. Should I go with ring bases or stakes? Anyone see the new higdon magnum full bodies? They seem kind if white to me. Have it narrowed down to the higdons or avian x. Any opinions appreciated

2. Dan_O

Dan_O Well-Known Member

Not a big full body guy, but if the ground is frozen stakes can be a hassle. The guys I hunt with use rings with their decoys, they seem to work just fine.

3. Toner07

Toner07 Well-Known Member

I have bases and stakes and I use the stakes 95% of the time.....get much more movement with the decoy and quicker to set up and tear down.

4. remi30

remi30 Member

Rings for me and if that's the 2 you have it narrowed to avian x all day, ghg makes a very good full body as well

5. ducky152000

ducky152000 Active Member

only use rings when ground is frozen. 90% of the fields i hunt farmers dont want you to drive. so its much easier for me to carry 10dz stakes than 10 dz ring bases. as for brand. buy whats cheap. i think duck decoys do help finish ducks in a field but i also think they key on the mojos more. ive done just as good using ghg duck shells before i got a bunch of fullbody ducks. as long as there is duck shaped decoys in the field your gonna finish birds. hell back when i was in middle school all i used was floater ducks in the field and killed birds. cant count how many times ive limited with just one mojo in the field with just goose decoys.

6. Boonelli14

Boonelli14 Fire/Medic

Thanks for the input fellas

7. luckyduck

luckyduck New Member

I set up for geese and put roughly 30 duck floaters behind my set up with one remote control mojo and hammer the ducks. If I were to go full body I would buy some very cheap floaters, cut the keep off and buy rings. I do alot of late season hunting and ring bases are the way to go when ground is frozen. Not saying you cant get stakes into ground but I have had problems in the past.

8. Ragtime

Ragtime Active Member

I would put a new Dakota and Avian SBS first! Ring bases for sure. Versatile that way (field, creek bottom, etc.)

9. EaglePoint

EaglePoint 1 more pass? No Way!

Spinners are the ticket in fields.