Ohio Waterfowler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I Know that this is not waterfowl related but Im looking to sell
a Full Body Mount Dall Sheep that was shot in the Yukon.

The hunt alone was over $30,000 and the mount was done by Advance Taxidermy in King City Ontario and costs $10,000. One of the most Premier taxidermist in the world. The sheep stands over 6ft tall. The picture does not do it justice at all.

Its mounted on a hardwood base and fiberglass molded rock. The mount is 10 out of 10 condition and is a beautiful piece.

Im asking $5500 for the mount

Contact me at [email protected]

Check out Advance Website to see their top notch work. They ship all over the world. http://www.advancedtaxidermy.com/index.php

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Would you take $172 in nickels and three rims off a '92 Buick Skylark?

Sorry, no warm 4 pack to throw in. Traded them in on a full Giraffe Mount we put in our bathroom. Holds the toilet paper. Helluva conversation piece.

·
Registered
657 Posts
what kind of hunter would want something in there house they didnt shoot? think your better of putting it on ebay. mybe a lodge or some type of country restraunt would want it for a display.
I feel the same about another hunters trophy, but. I still can't stop wishing I had bought a stag mount from the taxidermist that I took my bass to in south Georgia. At the time, 25-30 years ago he wanted what he had in it, $500.00. He couldn't believe the owner wouldn't pick it up. He explained that the rack was a true trophy because of the perfect 4pt crowns on each side. If there was a bucket list hunt, it would be for a stag, maybe pigs out of a helicopter. Check out this guy's page. https://www.facebook.com/hardenstaxidermy/photos_stream
I really like the gator's head coming out of the coffee table

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
what kind of hunter would want something in there house they didnt shoot? think your better of putting it on ebay. mybe a lodge or some type of country restraunt would want it for a display.
The kind that doesn't want it for a trophy, but for a decoration. I know that I will most likely never fork out the cash to hunt, kill, mount, and ship a bull moose myself. However, I wouldn't mind having a shoulder mount in the man cave.

The difference is when guys but mounts and act as if they killed them.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
My buddies father in law travels the world hunting everything. He has dozens of full body mounts in his man cave. It looks like you are in a museum in his basement. But I agree, I would never pay for someone else's "trophy" . I have a couple skull caps and a northern pike head that I got from my grandma when she died. Deer and fish were killed/caught in the 50s. I feel like a tool for having them on the wall because they aren't my kills or catch. I can't imagine displaying a strangers stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.