fairport ramps $7.00 and crazy

Discussion in 'Lake Erie' started by sbe023, Jul 3, 2005.

1. sbe023

sbe023 New Member

<P>fished fairport today and the weather guessers were wrong again. but the ramps were crazy as all get out. the harbor itself was an accident waiting to happen . glad edgewater is close. do you guys have to pay to launch during the season?? saw 2 young guys pulling up 3and 4 lb smallies all morning at the bubble.and 3 walleye too. i couldn't get em going and only saw a few other fish caught by anyone else. didn't find out what they were using. i tried tubes all morning???? </P>

2. Joe

Joe New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I wasn't aware that you could fish the Perry Nuke Plant "bubble" anymore.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">After 9-11 the restrictions on how close you could get were really tightened down.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Are we now allowed to fish the bubble anyone know?</P>

3. DNEAL25

DNEAL25 New Member

<P>My father and I were out fishing the bubble about 3 weeks ago and the national guard showed up.&nbsp; They said that the bubble is no longer restricted.&nbsp; We caught 4 or 5 nice smallies, so get over there next chance you can.</P>

4. sbe023

sbe023 New Member

<P>is that you ,diver joe??? you can fish the bubble . there were 10 boats in that area sunday. going again tomorrow. hopefully it will be quiet at the ramp.</P>

5. Joe

Joe New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Yes Van its me DiverJoe.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I live very close to the Perry plant.&nbsp;&nbsp; Used to fish it alot.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Those guys weren't keeping all of those bass were they?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I always let them go so others can catch them later.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I prefer to eat perch and walleye any day over smallies.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Take care,</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Joe</P>

6. sbe023

sbe023 New Member

<P>diver joe that was me talking to you on the radio,i go by freyedknot on the vhf. seemed as though you didn't know who i was. then i remembered i have a different handle on this website and the other duck site.</P>

7. Joe

Joe New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I apologize for not recalling your handle on the VHF.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I know that handle too.&nbsp;&nbsp; Thats whats upseting.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I had one heck of a time trying to copy your transmissions.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Can't recall if I said over the VHF that&nbsp;I had trouble copying or not.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">If I recall correctly I was out with my dad that day.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We got the snot beat out of us out there in the deep water trolling.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We caught 4 walleye but only two were legal fish to keep.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Take care and hope to talk to you again out there on the lake.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Joe</P>

8. sbe023

sbe023 New Member

<P>yes i had a hard time hearing you too .being that i was at fairport @ the bubble . alittle too rough for me too. made it out to 60 ft and turned around and fished the bubble. thanx. </P>