Evinrude Outboard Year Manufactured?

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, and Motors' started by Scott, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Scott

Scott New Member

<P>Where can I find out the year of my 25hp Evinrude.&nbsp; I'm thinking about selling it as I do not have a boat for it and it has been in my bsmt for the past 8 years.&nbsp; It came with me from Bama so it is not titled in Ohio.</P>

2. jmschreck1

jmschreck1 Active Member

<P>If you find the model #, you can go to Evinrudes web page and determine the year. I did this last Sept when I bought a 25 hp.</P>

3. Scott

Scott New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">thanks, it is a 79.&nbsp; </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Older than I thought but now that I think about it, the guy I bought it from had it in storage while I was in HS.&nbsp; Looks and runs like it is newer.&nbsp; I pulled it out of the basement last weekend and it started on the second pull.&nbsp; It still has enough compression to make it hard to pull on the motor stand.</P>

4. jmschreck1

jmschreck1 Active Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">No Problem. Mine is a 25802 which made it a 78', just a little older than yours and YEAH< IT"S A HARD PULL START!</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">I checked into putting a starter on it and they don't make one that goes on to that model.</P>

5. Scott

Scott New Member

<P>I forgot how loud it is without the Hub Exhaust.&nbsp; I ran it on a boat and it is a <STRONG>lot</STRONG> louder than my 50</P>