Dove Decoy Question

Discussion in 'Upland Hunting Ohio' started by DiverDown, Aug 2, 2005.

1. DiverDown

DiverDown New Member

<P>I have some of them foam dove decoys and after a few years they are going flat and starting to really take on a different shape, I was wondering if I could use some of that spray foam and fill them up if it would work or would it ruin the decoys? Has anyone tried this and if so what was the results? thanks DD</P>

2. Bshive

Bshive Member

I know that it expands like crazy.&nbsp; Probably too much expansion for a set space like that.&nbsp; I am having the same problems with my dove decoys.

3. DiverDown

DiverDown New Member

<P>Guess I'll give it a shot with one of the decoys that looks like it got ran over by a roller and see what happens, I really don't want to have to get new dekes. Thanks for the reply Bshive. DD</P>

4. Dick

Dick New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Might try what I do with the Feather Flex turkey decoys and that is put them in the sun for a very short time then stuff them with paper. It helps to reshape them and you can even keep the paper in them and they will hold their shape.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Dick</P>

5. Orion

Orion New Member

DD,<br> <br> Actually, I think you have a good idea.&nbsp; Don't see why it won't work.&nbsp; It shouldn't over-expand as long as you leave it vent out the hole at the bottom.&nbsp; I recommend that you use the latex-based insulation, it is a lot less messy, and you can use a little at a time just by cleaning out the tube with water when you are done.<br> <br>

6. DiverDown

DiverDown New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">OK, I did it, I want to Lowe's and bought a can of that Dap foam, the Latex stuff like Orion said, and took a pair of scissors and cut the foam between the two holes in the tail section of tail and inserted the tube and used short blasts to fill the decoy up. the filled up nice and a can done 12 dekes. the only problem I had was with one the stuff ran out the holes and I had to refill it. I'll let them set for 24 hours and see what happens. I have 6 that the clips came off of and I am thinking about getting some dowels and making field dekes out of them. </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Thanks for the replies. DD</P>