Dog ramps for your boat

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, and Motors' started by fowlballs, Aug 4, 2005.

1. fowlballs

fowlballs Member

<P>What type of dog ramp do you guys use on your boat.&nbsp;It seems to me that the ramps in all the catalogs seem deceiving regarding how the dog gets back into the boat.&nbsp; I'm tired of breaking my back pulling in my lab after a retrieve.&nbsp; I want to buy some type of ramp soon so I can start the training&nbsp;process.&nbsp; Any suggestions or ideas would greatly help.&nbsp; Thanks in advance for your time.</P>

2. drakewadder

drakewadder New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp; Check out the Avery one, it has a step below the water and a platform above. I think they are about 130.00</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;I've looked at a lot of them too, and that's the one I think I'm getting</P>

3. Trainer

Trainer New Member

<P>just recieved my Woods &amp; Water Catalogue.&nbsp; They have one in there that is a little different and the cost is around $99.&nbsp; It is&nbsp; a gratuated step type.&nbsp; I am going to get one of those for my big rig.&nbsp; Jim</P>

4. gump36

gump36 New Member

i have tried several different brands. they all have some bad points. which ever one you choose make sure it has one step under water or the ramp starts under water. the one i have now i modified it so the support legs are adjudstable to match the angle on the part of the boat you mount it to.<br>

5. fowlballs

fowlballs Member

<P>Thanks Bo, I will see you Sunday.&nbsp; </P>