do temps effect geese ?

Discussion in 'Goose Hunter Forum' started by PerfectStorm, Jun 7, 2005.

1. PerfectStorm

PerfectStorm New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">warm vs cold</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">does the temp effect how much geese call ?</P>

2. Goosebuster

Goosebuster New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I would say yes. I definatley know that it affects them as far as their habits on feeding. When it gets Extremely cold you will usually see geese laying in a field feeding. They don not move very far to get food. They conserve their energy for when they need it. As for Calling, When they are resting or eating it slows down. As far as decoying birds, your calling is all reactionary to what they are doing... If they like the way you are calling keep doing it. If the respond negatively, you have to change things up. I have learned by hunting with some fine Goose hunters that When it is cold to incorporate more resting or sleepers in your spread.....</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">JMO </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Goosebuster</P>

3. HonkerBonker

HonkerBonker New Member

When it gets down to the teens or su-zero temperatures, many times the geese will loaf away on the ice around open holes of water.&nbsp; They may not leave the ice for several days, or will change their feedings completely.&nbsp; They may fly out and feed the last half an hour of the day.&nbsp; <br> When it is hot like it can be during the early season, the geese will find a shady spot near water and not move at all.&nbsp; Find a nice farm or golf course pond with trees around it and you will find geese.&nbsp; Good Luck.<br> <br>